SPI (INtools) Super User
Working out of SNC-Lavalin’s office in Baytown, Texas and with members within the Oil & Gas Sector, the Instrument Design team is responsible for strategy, planning and delivery of corporate administration and design. The team is committed to meeting the external and internal needs of SNC-Lavalin’s stakeholders worldwide, while presenting a clear and consistent corporate identity.
As a SPI Super User in the SNC-Lavalin’s Instrument Design department and reporting to the Squad Leader of Drafting & Electrical Design, you will play a central role in assisting with development of a working knowledge of Instrumentation/Control Systems standards and practices. You will also be responsible for supporting internal client Instrument design teams on various needs for specific Oil & Gas Projects.
- Build and Update instrument loop wiring in SPI using ESL
- Create and modify instrument specifications sheets in SPI
- Assist I&E Designers by providing SPI panel, rack wiring reports and I/O assignments
- Assist SPI users with functionalities in SPI
- Perform Basic SPI administrative tasks
- 5+ years’ applicable work experience, or combination of education and relevant work experience using SPI
- Strong working knowledge and experience with SPI Instrumentation Index, Wiring and Specification Modules
- Understanding of P&ID’s, control panel wiring drawings, and field wiring diagrams
- Strong understanding of loop drawings, specification sheets and their implementation in SPI
- Strong understanding of ESL layouts, redlining, and smart text implementation
- Strong skills in creation of DCS/PLC systems and field wiring components
- Creation of advanced apparatus groups such as Relay’s, Isolators, etc.
- Strong understanding of using browser views, filters and sorts
- Basic understanding of General Signals, Specification Data Dictionary, Process Data Module and SPI supporting tables and associated impacts
- Experience of Honeywell TDC 2000, TDC 3000 and Triconex Systems preferred.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles