Sr Electrical Engineer
Sr Electrical Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Electrical Engineer is an integral position with our Nuclear Group and based in our office in Oak Ridge, TN. This position reports to our Engineering Manager.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Maintains knowledge and interprets requirements of the National Electrical Code (NFPA 70); Standard for Electrical Safety in the Workplace (NFPA 70E), National Electrical Safety Code (ANSI C2); 20 CFR 1910, Subpart S, 29 CFR 1926, Subparts K and V; DOE Order 643.01A, General Design Criteria; and other applicable codes, regulations and standards
- Approves electrical equipment, wiring methods, electrical installations, and utilization equipment for compliance, coordinates these functions with ES&H management and DOE area or field office.
- Permits alternate methods where it is assured that equivalent objects can be achieved by establishing and maintaining effective safety equal to or exceeding established codes, regulations and standards
- Manages and implements the Electrical Safety and Unlisted Equipment Approval programs
- Evaluates and approves equipment not Listed or Certified by a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory; determines if equipment designed, built and tested according to specific nationally recognized standards (e.g. UL 508A) is safe for its intended use.
- Certifies AHJ Inspectors and Qualified Electrical Workers; approves qualification requirements, including current Electrical AHJ-recognized electrical inspection certification, or AHJ-approved education and experience; provides electrical training guidance.
- Serves as electrical subject mater expert on all design, procurement, construction, installation, testing and safety matters.
- Consults with cognizant experts in other areas before a decision is reached on items outside electrical expertise, such as fire, nuclear safety, ES&H, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Possesses executive ability as is required for performance of the position and has through experience and or education, the knowledge of standards and work practices use din the installation, operations, construction, testing and maintenance of electrical equipment and systems.
- Assumes technical ownership of discipline design and functionality
- Maintains cognizance of technology applicable to the U233 Project mission
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Strong communication, verbal, and written skills
- Develops designs and procedures, ensures that the complexity is appropriate for the application; maintains knowledge and configuration management of as-built structures, systems and components.
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related science
- At least 8 years discipline appropriate design, maintenance and or construction work including requirements documentation, detailed design generation, implementation, system integration, testing and on-site startup.
- US Citizenship required for Atkins Global Isotek Systems project positions
- Minimum 1 year of nuclear experience
- Able to satisfy Isotek training and qualification requirements, include DOE-STD-1170-2003 Electrical Systems Functional Area Qualification Standard; able to obtain and maintain a Q clearance.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs