Sr. Graphic Designer
Sr. Graphic Designer
Sr Graphic Designer
Why join us?
Under the supervision of the Public Involvement Manager, the Sr. Graphic Designer is responsible for design and production of the more complex graphic artwork and copy layout. This level is fully capable of conceptualizing complex designs independently and may assist the supervisor by giving guidance to other design specialists and/or project team members. It requires detailed knowledge of Illustrator, PhotoShop, InDesign, Acrobat Professional, PowerPoint, and type management software. Working knowledge and experience using the MS Office Suite of programs is also required. The Sr. Graphic Designer works with public outreach staff, engineers, planners, analysts, other technical staff, and outside clients and vendors. At this level the ability to conceptualize complex design and layout skills, proficient proofreading skills and strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are necessary.
Atkins business seeks a highly motivated self-starter to join our Austin, TX team as a Sr. Graphic Designer supporting the Central Texas Regional Mobility Authority (CTRMA) General Engineering Consultant (GEC) Program, working as an “extension of staff” in the client’s offices in downtown Austin.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy
How will you contribute to the team?
- Provides graphic design and production of complex graphic art work and copy layout for public outreach materials and marketing and collateral materials
- Conceptualizes complex design independently and develops formats, advertisements, brochures, social media assets, reports, fact sheets, exhibits, public-friendly maps, interpretive signage, Power Point presentations, and other assets in compliance with client brand guidelines.
- Maintains websites for client through content management systems
- Conducts research to select and secure suitable illustrative material; studies illustrations and photographs to plan presentation of material.
- Creates, selects and modifies illustrations.
- Selects or scans in photographs and other illustrative material and establishes appropriate type style, size and spacing, color and composition.
- Types, edits or reformats written materials. Proofreads and correct errors.
- Operates hardware output devices and peripherals equipment, I.e., computers (PC), scanners, printers, copiers, plotter and presentation and bindery equipment.
- Executes layout and rendering utilizing electronic design, illustration and photo software and hardware output devices.
- Prepares jobs for output or pre-press to achieve desired results.
- Verifies and coordinates with co-workers assigned to the same project, to ensure consistency in format and quality; consults with supervisor on final layout and any problem areas.
- Organizes and maintains graphic request folders, labor sheets and time sheets.
- Orders supplies, files and collates materials for deliverables
- Works directly with in-house and outside vendors, photographers, printers and other suppliers in the coordination and production of final products.
- May assist supervisor by giving guidance and art direction to other design specialists and/or project team members.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- A.A. or B.A. degree in Graphic Design or related degree, or the equivalent combination of education and experience. For this level, minimum 7 years experience in all phases of graphic design with an A.A.; with Bachelors degree, 5 year minimum.
- Exhibits mastery of page layout, typography, use of color, photo composing and manipulation, and general file management ability.
- Job requires artistic ability, conceptual skills and solid knowledge of current electronic design, illustration and photo software and hardware output devices.
- Requires detailed knowledge of Illustrator, PhotoShop, InDesign, Acrobat Professional, and PowerPoint.
- Proficient proofreading and communication skills are also required.
- Knowledge of production support systems and personal computer proficiency.
- Ability to multitask projects under the high pressure of frequent and multiple deadlines and deal with interruptions in current work in progress to handle higher priority jobs.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
***Please submit a portfolio of your work with Resume.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who are not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs