Sr. Highway Engineer
Sr. Highway Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our team in Henderson, NV as a Senior Highway Engineer.
The ideal candidate would have experience designing roads and utilities (water, sewer, storm) using AUTOCAD Civil 3D.
MAJOR FUNCTION/ ROLE
Under direction, applies full competency in Roadway and utilities engineering design. On Roadway design assignments, understands how to clearly convey the design intent to engineering drawings and specifications. On assignments involving engineering investigations and planning work, has a firm grasp of the fundamentals of engineering processes and their application to operating systems.
On projects involving engineering services related to Roadway design activities, has developed a thorough understanding of applying AUTOCAD Civil 3D experience, and the manner in which engineering drawings and specifications are translated into the constructed product. Upholds engineering ethics and standards of conduct.
- Performs work that involves Roadway and Utilities engineering practice but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials or procedures, or difficult coordination requirements.
- Plans, schedules, conducts or coordinates detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Performs preliminary engineering design and/or reviews the design and drafting work of junior engineers, designers or drafters.
- Prepares cost and man-hour estimates, job budgets and schedules.
- Prepares or oversees the preparation of final plans and reports and submits them for approval.
- Conducts or oversees personnel involved in engineering investigations and planning work.
- Coordinates work with other engineers and professionals within and outside own discipline, and with support services staff.
- May occasionally assist in the management of projects.
- May perform such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Engineering.
- This level may be achieved by Engineers with four years' experience since B.S.; three years’ experience since M.S.
- Incumbents typically have six to ten years' experience since Bachelor's degree.
- Good technical writing, computer and communications skills.
- May be eligible to receive project management training.
- Strong AUTOCAD Civil 3D experience.
- Utilities experience (water, sewer, storm).
- Previous Design/Build project experience a plus but not required.
- Successful candidate will ideally have 4 to 8 years of experience.
- P.E. license is required.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer
committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs