Sr. I&C Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Working out of SNC-Lavalin’s office in Houston, TX and with members within the Oil & Gas Group, SNC-Lavalin Engineers & designers requires thorough knowledge of Instrument engineering design skills and techniques, as well as design platforms. Responsible to assist with proposal development/estimating, maintaining schedules, budgets, quality, and delivery related to engineering, specifications, calculations, design & drawings packages, and new approaches to stream line deliverables
As a Sr. I&C Engineer in the SNC-Lavalin’s Oil & Gas Sector and reporting to the Electrical & Automation Engineering Manager, you will work within the electrical & Instrumentation team to develop efficient and reliable electrical design packages for our clients. Prepare accurate and complete designs and calculations as required to meet the project requirements. The incumbent will coordinate his/her Engineering activities to maintain project schedules and ensure successful project completion. The incumbent will also assist in site visits and station walk downs, estimating, and attending project meetings.
- Work on medium or large size engineering projects with minimum supervision.
- Conduct field investigations when needed; produce field reports with detailed sketches.
- Coordinate with other disciplines and assist engineers and/or designers to ensure effective quality product.
- Keep up to date on new engineering processes, techniques, and IMS and standards.
- Investigate and resolve unusual design and field engineering problems by devising new approaches.
- Ensure that effective methods and design/engineering techniques are used.
- Resolve project issues and problems.
- Provide technical guidance to the design team.
- Collaborate with design team to maximize design value.
- Provide employee performance feedback to discipline manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Cross working relationships with multi-disciplines.
- Project Management, Planning and Project Controls.
- BS degree in Control System Engineering or Electrical Engineering plus 10-15 or more years of hands on engineering experience required in petrochemical, midstream or other heavy industries.
- P.E. license (preferable in the State of Texas) is preferred but, not required.
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills required.
- Knowledge of Instrument calculation computer applications.
- Ability to integrate new technologies into daily work processes
- Experience working with other disciplines understanding their interface requirements.
- Experience with design and/or construction of plants desirable.
- Knowledge of NEC, IEC , ISA & IEEE standards, methods and practices.
- Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC): Rockwell Automation.
- Distributed Control System (DCS): Honeywell Experion, Emerson DeltaV.
- Safety Systems SIS Hardware/Software (preferred but not required): Triconex, Emerson, Honeywell.
- Familiar with PIP Standards.
- Experience with HAZOP Process (including pre-HAZOP, HAZOP, and post HAZOP).
- Experience with Functional Safety Design Process (LOPA, SIL, FRS, SIS).
- Experience with InTools Smart Plant Instrumentation (SPI from Intergraph).
- Familiarity with 3D Modeling: Example PDS.
- Full Fluency in English is required.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these difference.