Sr Nuclear Designer
Sr Nuclear Designer
Sr. Nuclear Designer
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Sr. Nuclear Designer is an integral part of our Nuclear team. This position is based out of our office in Oak Ridge, TN.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Develops and produces drawings and designs for facilities, systems and equipment with adherence to established specifications and standards using SmartPlant 3D and PTC CREO
- Performs all work safely, ensuring that safety is an integral element embodied in equipment design and specification.
- Develops documents in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Works with the engineering team in the development of 3D design models and orthographic drawings, intelligent piping and instrumentation diagram (P&ID) documentation, facility layouts and Civil, Electrical & Instrumentation (CE&I) system diagrams and drawings.
- Works in a multidisciplinary team.
- Selects hardware and materials as required by the Project, with guidance from engineers.
- Develops and maintains red-line documents (ECN’s, FCN’s etc).
- Performs checking of design documents produced by peers, in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What will you contribute?
- Associate’s Degree in CAD or related subject required
- Minimum 5 years of experience required
- Requires U.S. Citizenship
- Advanced knowledge of SmartPlant 3D required
- Advanced knowledge of process system design documents (PFD, P&ID) and facility layouts
- Intermediate knowledge of new facility design or facility upgrades highly desired.
- Intermediate knowledge of PTC CREO highly desired
- Intermediate knowledge of CE&I, civil, mechanical, HVAC and/or piping design
- Strong communication skills
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft office
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs