Sr. Project Director Energy
Sr. Project Director Energy
Senior Project Director
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Senior Project Director is an integral part of our Nuclear team who is responsible for evaluating and providing consultation to clients regarding various areas of high hazard and high risk operations.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Is responsible for evaluating and providing consultation to clients regarding various areas of high hazard and high risk operations.
- Broadly evaluates operations, as requested, and provides feedback in areas such as project management, safety and quality management, radiological controls, performance assurance processes, corrective action development, problem solving, management and management improvement.
- Responsible for conducting various assessments which include: management self-assessments, contractor operational readiness reviews (CORRs), independent assessments, triennial radiological controls assessments, event investigations and effectiveness assessments.
- Reviews operational performance from a regulatory/safety standpoint and formally reports issues and/or recommendations. Provides feedback to projects on corrective actions to ensure operational risk is minimized.
- Provides assistance and guidance on major nuclear operations projects.
- Presents solutions to problems regarding operations, engineering, safety and regulatory issues.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
What will you contribute?
- Master's degree required in Engineering or technical field, or equivalent experience
- Advanced degree preferred
- Requires a minimum 25 years experience in the nuclear or other high hazard industry with experience in an executive level position
- Previous Department of Energy (DOE) experience is preferred
- Detailed knowledge regarding nuclear and high hazard operations and safety
- Advanced management skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs