- Be able to clearly coordinate and manage the stakeholder and authorities’ requirements within the design team and similarly communicate the design team requirements and objectives with the specific statutory authority/stakeholders
- Well versed in the authority requirements in KSA with a focus on infrastructure. Building project authority experience is desirable
- Have a detailed understanding of Authority processes, procedures and policies and ensure that these are adhered to during the design submission and review process
- Monitor and report on the status of all submissions, meetings, phone calls and any other relevant authority engagement
- Fluency in written and verbal communication (English and Arabic)
- Capable of reporting on authority liaison related matters via suitable media (written reports, tabulated status tracker sheets)
- Capability and willingness to manage, lead and mentor junior members of the stakeholder management team
- A broad technical understanding of infrastructure sub-disciplines (roads, wet utilities, dry utilities)
- Bachelors’ degree in Civil Engineering or any relevant engineering discipline
- Minimum 10 years’ post graduate experience
- Have knowledge and experience in dealing with the approval process for infrastructure and buildings projects with the specific statutory authority/stakeholder in Abu Dhabi
- Have strong leadership qualities and a track record of delivery
- Candidate to ideally have UAE driver’s license
- Proven experience in innovation and process optimisation
- Good time management ability and competence in prioritising tasks and workload
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office software. Ability to use AutoCAD preferable
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels including external stakeholders
- Ensure Atkins QHSE policies are followed at all times
- Highly developed interpersonal skills, such as high competency in listening and communicating
- High attention to detail and eye for technical excellence
- A positive attitude that focuses on improving team work and co-operation at all times
- Good communication skills, oral and written, including presentation competency
- Ability to work without excessive supervision
- Ability for self-checking & correction of work
- A team player.
Rewards & Benefits
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Assistance Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market.
We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
Our Latest Articles