Steel Detailer - Modeler
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Working out of SNC-Lavalin’s office in Baytown, Texas and with members within the Oil & Gas Sector, the Structural/ Civil Design team is responsible for the technical accuracy and quality of AutoCAD drawings and delivery of corporate & client drafting needs. The team is committed to meeting the external and internal needs of SNC-Lavalin’s stakeholders worldwide, while presenting a clear and consistent corporate identity.
As a Steel Detailer in the SNC-Lavalin’s Structural/ Civil Design department and reporting to the Squad Leader of Engineering of Structural /Civil, you will work as part of the Design Team and will be responsible for creating and revising AutoCAD drawings throughout the design model and connection processes. You will also be responsible for supporting internal client engineering and design teams on various needs for specific Oil & Gas Projects.
- Primary responsibility will be the creation of fabrication drawings, erection drawings and CNC files using Advance Steel and AutoCAD 2017 for use by a fabrication shop and steel erector.
- The detailer will work closely with a group of designers and engineers to complete the design model and connection details before beginning the detailing process.
- Checking of 2D details and erection drawings and communicating to the project team potential problems or concerns in the design.
- Other tasks would include generating bill of materials, compiling bolt lists, producing material take-offs for estimating and responding to RFI’s from the fabrication shop or field.
- An Associate degree or certification in an engineering related subject is preferred.
- A minimum 5 years of experience in the design and detailing of structural steel.
- Experience in Petrochemical, Refinery or other heavy downstream industries is preferred
- Proficient in the use of a 3D model-based design software, preferably Advance Steel and AutoCAD 2017.
- Capable with Excel, Word, Outlook and other Office software as required.
- Strong math skills, especially geometry and trigonometry.
- Working knowledge of applicable industry standards including AISC, ASTM, AWS, OSHA, PIP’s, etc.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these difference.