Structural Engineer – Engineering and Consulting
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Structural Engineer – Engineering and Consulting
Are you looking for your next opportunity in offshore analysis and integrity management? If so, we'd love you to apply for this role.
Within the Engineering and Consulting business we provide services across a wide range of disciplines and applications in the Oil & Gas and Offshore Wind markets covering fixed and floating offshore structures, terminals, refineries, petrochemical plants and pipelines. Atkins has worked on over 1,000 Oil and Gas Installations with substantial involvement in overseas projects. We work on some of the most exciting and varied projects in the Oil & Gas and offshore renewable sectors, including integrity management of offshore installations, front end studies, detailed design and offshore repairs.
We are looking for Structural Engineers who have a good understanding of offshore structures and the application of design codes to provide practical solutions to our clients’ challenges of managing ageing assets and pushing the boundaries of new designs.Working in an engineering consultancy, you will have the opportunity to get in involved in a wide variety of projects for our clients in the offshore renewables and oil and gas markets including the assessment and design of many types of offshore structures, including fixed and floating.You’ll support technical delivery of work packages and present your work to clients through reports and presentations.
- You’ll have ambition, vision, enthusiasm and the drive to keep on developing your technical skills and achieve Chartered Engineer status.
- With a passion for working in a consultancy environment, you’ll want to work directly with clients and you’ll be adaptable and happy to cope with changing workloads and priorities.
- Communication and team-working will be key skills as well as having the ability to apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions under pressure.
- You’ll have a background in offshore structural engineering with the below qualifications and ability to demonstrate experience in some or all of the following areas:
- Engineering degree, honours or equivalent in civil, mechanical, structural, naval architecture or similar;
- Near to obtaining Chartered Engineer status with a recognised engineering institution;
- Structural analysis experience in some or all of the following:o Linear and non-linear offshore structural analysis (e.g. Fatigue, Ultimate and Accidental Limit States, Ship impact) – particularly, SESAM, USFOS and SACS;
- Understanding of environmental loading; o Design and assessment of offshore structures to relevant code requirements;o Linear and non-linear FEA experience in ABAQUS or similar package;
- Reviewing and interpreting the results of analysis data to support inspection and remedial action planning;
- Understanding of anomaly management and inspection planning (including Risk-Based Inspection - RBI)
- Familiarity with uncertified lifting and laydown area assessments.
About Atkins, part of the SNC-Lavalin group
This is an exciting time for Atkins, our recent acquisition by SNC-Lavalin means that we are diversifying our portfolio to become a more global organisation. This promises to offer unprecedented career opportunities to our staff whilst we continue to grow our existing business units. For both Atkins and SNC-Lavalin, we continue to invest in people. Without the technical excellence of some 50,000 staff we would not be one of the world’s leading engineering and design consultancies. Our philosophy is to help our people navigate a career path which enables them to achieve their ambitions. We offer flexible, rewarding work packages tailored towards career progression, which are founded on the principles of growth, ambition and excellence.Our Engineering and Consulting business is delivering engineering, design and consultancy solutions to the Oil & Gas and Offshore Wind sectors all over the world. Merging original thinking with our experience from 60 years in the energy industry, we help transform the potential of existing infrastructure as well as new resource sand technology. We listen and lead across boundaries, bringing lessons learned from one industry or discipline to another to help realise our client’s vision. We deliver what we say we will, building relationships based on trust and integrity: there when we’re needed, fast; committed for the long term; adapting to changes and leaning into challenges.People join us because they share a desire to be at the forefront of the energy sector and deliver outstanding projects. We empower our people to be the professional individuals they want to be, working on projects they feel proud of, making a difference to the world they live in and the legacy they leave behind.Training and DevelopmentAtkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions. Additional Information • Travel to other company sites may be necessary
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.