This vacancy has now expired... why not:
We are seeking a Structural Engineer who is already established in the Salt Lake City area or in the state of Utah to join our Civil and Structural Engineering Department. The successful candidate will report to the Civil and Structural Engineering Department Manager and the Structural Lead on the project to which he or she is assigned.
The person in this position will work closely with all disciplines (engineering, HSE, procurement, quality, etc) and project management to manage design responsibilities and to resolve design related issues associated with the project.
This position will mainly focus on plant engineering and sustaining capital mandates at existing Client facilities.
To perform this role successfully, the individual will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide project team leadership by directing project execution activities and discipline deliverables for projects.
- Coordinate activities with other disciplines and clients' resident representative
- Prepare trade-off studies and reports;
- Prepare the concrete and steel structure design and construction drawings
- Prepare the steel connection design
- Review the concrete rebar bending schedule and steel connection design and shop drawings
- Prepare the engineering manhour estimate and schedule
- Provide technical assistance to the civil/structural superintendents and craft to ensure best resolution for all parties for any technical issues arising in the field/plant
- Execute field take-offs from “Issued for Construction” drawings, provide input to the quantity tracking applications, and report weekly installed quantities to project controls.
- Perform the inspection for the structural engineering activities in site/plant
- Provide problem resolution for structural engineering issue in site/plant
- BS or MS in Civil or Structural Engineering
- Minimum of 5 years of brown filed experience working on sites/plants in a construction role or plant engineering role. The mining and metallurgic projects experience would be preferred.
- Registered or eligible for registration as a professional engineer;
- Thorough knowledge of applicable theories, practices, and accepted office procedures.
- Must have experience in design and analysis of structural concrete and structural steel .
- Familiarity with CSA, CISC, NBC, ACI, ASCE and IBC standards and codes;
- Proficient with Staad.rpo, SAP2000, MathCAD, AUtoCAD
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, ability to maintain confidential information critical.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and a desire to perform design engineering;
- Ability to deal with competing priorities and manage time appropriately;
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently when required;
- Salt Lake City, Utah
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the on boarding process.
We are an equal opportunity employer.