Designing for the future is about more than predicting what it looks like. It’s about having the know-how and the expertise to turn predictions into projects that deliver results and meet ever-changing needs. That’s what we do every day: for our clients, for their customers and for the sustainable future of our business and the world we operate in.
Here at SNC-Lavalin’s Ottawa office, we believe in developing our employees to their utmost potential. We promote teamwork and collaboration, which is why our culture speaks for itself; our people are motivated to give their best and have a sense of personal fulfillment. Each member of our team is integral in ensuring a positive work place backed by a company committed to the safety of its employees.
Our once small office has seen exponential and continuous growth since its opening in 2016, going from 3 to over 100 employees! To keep the positive trend going, we are seeking to add another superstar to our team…
The Infrastructure Engineering division is currently looking for a Structural Technician for its National Capital Region office. The incumbent must have experience working on building projects in Commercial/Retail, Residential and Institutional Markets.
- Preparation of structural drawings in the buildings sectors using Autodesk AutoCAD and Revit
- Provides support to design engineers to coordinate with other disciplines in a project;
- Coordinate with other discipline lead designers to ensure effective quality product;
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Post-secondary or collegial diploma from a technical institute is preferred;
- 5 to 10 years of design experience in the building industry;
- Solid AutoCAD and Revit
- Proven experience with private and public works projects (ministries, crown corporations and federal government bodies);
- Ability to obtain required security clearance;
- Business Excellence – Achieve high level of performance;
- Client Oriented – Meet the needs of internal and external clients;
- People Focused – Seeks frequent constructive feedback.
- Bilingual and French and English and asset
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.