Survey Instrument Operator
Survey Instrument Operator
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Atlanta, Georgia Geomatics team as a Survey Instrument Operator.
Under close supervision, performs entry-level Geomatics field and office work. Assists supervisor in performing all aspects of Geomatics including field surveys, raw data reduction, field calculations, CAD drafting, GIS data collection, etc.
- Duties at this level consist of simple field survey work including associated manual labor, while beginning to develop an understanding of equipment, procedures and techniques used in land surveying and Geomatics field work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required; related prior experience as a rod person or instrument operator preferred. Three months related experience is required. Interest in pursuing a Geomatics degree highly desirable
- Ability to receive and follow instructions is vitally important. Ability to communicate effectively via electronic devices such as cell phones, radios, email, etc.
- Ability to work in a field and office environment.
- Ability to work in extreme heat and cold when working in the field.
- Ability to travel extensively out of town for work assignments.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs