System Assurance Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins is one of the world's leading rail engineers. We have established a high profile presence in the Middle East through our role as Lead Designer on a number of prestigious Metro, Monorail and Mainline Rail projects within the Middle East.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced Systems Assurance Manager to provide expert advice and consultancy services to an extensive internal and external client base. This role requires strong technical background in a multi-disciplinary consulting environment primarily within the rail industry. The successful applicant will be a team member also contributing to large scale urban rail projects throughout the Middle East. The person will also assisting developing business by increasing the current client base and furthering client relationships through identifying opportunities for future works and services.
While initially assigned to a specific project, the role will support the Core Team to further support Atkins in future projects within the region.
Reporting to the head of Systems & Assurance, to provide Systems Assurance Management expert advice and consultancy services to be considered in all design stages and also the systems engineering processes to satisfy business development and project delivery obligations for the Transportation sector.
- Manage Atkins obligations for Systems Engineering and Assurance Management for its contracted services.
- Set up project safety program and RAM program (including FRACAS).
- Create system assurance plan, RAM Plan & Safety Plan and lead the safety and RAM process in the project
- Plan, schedule and monitor the status of the Systems Assurance milestones within the project to ensure deliverables are submitted on time and on quality.
- Preparation of functional analysis and requirements for RAM and safety
- Analyse / specify the project safety, reliability, availability and maintainability (RAM) requirements
- Prepare and coordinate the tasks of the safety process for the project, including Hazard and risk analysis (HAZOP, PHA, IHA, SSHA, O&SHA), Hazard Log management, FME(C)A, FTA, QRA, SIL assessment & Demonstration, SCIL.
- Prepare and coordinate the tasks of the RAM process for the project, including reliability breakdown and maintainability analysis, System Severity List, FME(C)A, RBD (or FTA) and FRACAS and maintenance plan
- Coordinate / ensure the implementation of safety and reliability requirements and project progress.
- Manage the preparation of all safety & RAM documentation leading to and including Safety Case & RAM Demonstration deliverables in compliance with EN 50126, EN 50128 & EN 50129
- Lead technical discussions/ presentations with other engineering parties, Clients, ISA or other certification bodies.
- Technical lead of a project Systems Assurance teams covering Safety, RAM, EMC, FLS, Human Factors, Security, HF
- Knowledge transfer to other suitable Atkins staff.
Atkins has been established in the Gulf for over 40 years, having first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. The regional head office (Dubai) was established in 1979.
SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50 year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other infrastructure programmes.
Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah.
- Degree (or equivalent) in engineering or an appropriate discipline
- Chartered Engineer
- Minimum of 10 Years of rail experience relevant to the position.
- Extensive experience in the analysis and documentation of systems engineering and assurance works and processes from Feasibility and Design to Implementation and Client Handover.
- Extensive experience in Metro and other Guided Transport Systems (e.g. APM, Tram, Monorail)
- Experience leading Systems Engineering activities in accordance with ISO/IEC 15288.
- Deep experience with the standards EN50126, EN 50128, EN50129, IEC 61508 or comparable is mandatory, European legal framework in railway domain (CSM regulation)
- System Integration and interface management experience of complex transportation schemes.
- RAMS management experience of complex transportation schemes.
- Test & Commissioning experience of complex transportation schemes.
- Experience of requirements management and configuration management tools (e.g. DOORS, CP2) and processes
- Knowledge of system approval processes and bodies.
- Analytical mindset with excellent verbal/ written communication (interfacing with non-specialist technical team members);
- Willingness to work in a collaborative environment involving the client and flexible enough to carry out any tasks required to complete, review and accept Systems Engineering deliverables.
- At least 10 years of experience in product safety and RAM domain within Railway sector.
- Prepared and able to travel throughout the Middle East.
- Demonstrate sound relationship-building skills with both clients and staff and an ability to influence and coach others.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Customer service orientation.
- Good computer skills in MS Office and specialised software tools.
- Self time management to meet tight delivery requirements.
- Flexible attitude to balance work load and deadlines.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through and annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and Benefits:
- A competitive salary
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Accommodation allowance
- Company gratuity scheme
- Transportation allowance
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- 22 days annual leave (based on a 5 day working week)