System Studies Engineer
System Studies Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin’s Clean Power Sector has an exciting full time career opportunity for a System Studies Engineer to make his/her career in the area of Power Systems in our Montreal, QC office.
The candidate will work in a fast paced international consulting environment with excellent career growth opportunities. On a medium to long term horizon, the position also provides an opportunity to develop technical specializations such as HVDC/FACTS, wind generation, photovoltaic systems, energy storage, microgrids, smart grids, transmission lines, underground cables, etc.
This position reports to the System Studies Manager.
Working under the supervision of the system studies experts to prepare deliverables in the following fields (non-exhaustive list):
- Medium to long-term power system studies
- Interconnections studies (Load Flow, Short Circuit, Transient stability, etc.).
- Transient studies including Transient Recovery Voltage (TRV), insulation coordination and harmonics
- Reactive compensation studies
- HVDC/FACTS studies
- Feasibility studies (lines, substation, generation, etc.)
- Techno-economic studies
- Design studies (grounding, lightning, emissions and electromagnetic induction, audible noise, sizing of cables and conductors, etc.)
- Technical due diligence reports for asset acquisition
- Data collection, technical model development, simulations and results analysis, report redaction and PowerPoint presentations
- HVDC, FACTS and renewable energy (wind, solar) system design , including dynamic simulations, parameter setting and preparation of specifications
- Site visits to obtain audible noise, ground resistance, harmonics and electromagnetic fields data
- Coordination of engineering activities in collaboration with other members of the multidisciplinary project team
- Support the business development team by contributing to writing proposals, giving presentations and participating in initiatives on technological innovation within the company.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, from a recognized institution (Master’s or PhD degree in power systems preferred).
- 2-5 years of relevant experience, particularly in modeling and simulations of power systems, and writing reports;
- Exceptional academic, extracurricular and professional record;
- Problem solving capabilities with a focus on analysis, research, and ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment;
- Great communication and presentation skills;
- Great interpersonal skills, autonomy, willingness to learn and result-oriented;
- Good knowledge of theoretical concepts on high-voltage electric networks
- Eligibility for registration with an Order of Engineers as a junior engineer
- Bilingual: proficiency in French and English languages, both spoken and written; additional languages will be considered an asset.
- Availability for local/international short-term assignments
- Proficiency in the following software tools (an asset): PSS®E, PSCAD, Python, PSLF, EMTP-RV, ETAP, CYME, DigSilent, SKM, PROMOD, STRATEGIST, MATLAB, SIMULINK.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs