Systems Delivery Manager
Systems Delivery Manager
Systems Delivery Manager
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Burnaby, BC and reports to Director, System Integration Management. It is responsible for delivering systems engineering activities on schedule, budget and to a high level of quality.
SNC-Lavalin is truly a global leader in its field, and has been chosen to design and build some of the most prestigious prizes in the world. Within Canada, our Rail & Transit team has been selected to design and deliver most of the recent Greenfield and Brownfield LRT, ALRT and Light Metro jobs awarded in the last 10 years including the Canada Line, Calgary West LRT, Edmonton North LRT, the Evergreen Line and the Confederation Line. We are actively working on the Federal Way Link Extension (Seattle), Trillium Line (Ottawa), Le Réseau express métropolitain (Montreal) and Eglinton-Crosstown (Toronto) and have a number of other projects at the proposal stage or awaiting award.
Our Rail & Transit Engineering team deliver systems solutions that include alignment and track, traction power and distribution, signalling and train control, and communications. One of the key components of our systems delivery is systems engineering encompassing the activities required to manage and deliver the integration of systems, sub-systems and components of a rail transit project; in light of our current and future workloads, our Systems Interface Management (SIM) directorate is looking for a Systems Delivery Manager to work on projects in Canada and the USA. There is an immediate role to fill which could require the successful candidate to spend 50% of time in Seattle.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Coordinating review of systems deliverables on behalf of client and leading on resolution of issues.
- Daily engagement with client, operator, maintainer to provide progress updates and coordinate interfaces. This includes facilitation of integration workshops.
- Management of people delivering system engineering activities.
- Management of schedule, budget and quality of system engineering activities.
- Management of development of team members.
- Development of good practice for systems engineering activities.
- Development of proposals (including cost and schedules) for systems engineering activities.
- Delivery and leadership of systems engineering activities including; Requirements Management
Configuration Management, Systems Integration, Verification & Validation and Safety Assurance
What will you contribute?
- Engineering degree from a recognized educational institute, qualified with a minimum 10 years’ experience of delivering complex multidisciplinary projects.
- Must have knowledge of railway systems including communications, electrification, signalling and track.
- Canadian or US Professional Engineer status or in progress.
- Experience managing the delivery of projects or project deliverables on schedule, budget and to a high level of quality.
- Knowledge of system engineering and safety assurance processes and experience of putting them into action
- Experience of managing teams on complex multidisciplinary projects.
- Experience of working directly with client organizations or construction teams.
- Excellent networking and client relationship management skills; able to influence and manage key stakeholders and build trust and advocacy with clients.
- Excellent people management and interpersonal skills; able to engage staff and address difficult issue effectively and fairly.
- Excellent written, presentation and communication skills.
- Attention to detail in delivering high quality work.
- Must be willing to travel to spend 50% of time in Seattle and vendor locations.
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs