Technical Assistant Guideway
The Technical Assistant supports the Maintenance Manager with administrative and technical issues relating to the operations of the Maintenance Department. This involves the tracking and reporting of maintenance asset status and performance, preparing reports, data acquisition, analysis for guideway aspects of performance monitoring, assist in conducting investigations into failures and assist in conducting audits to determine compliance with applicable regulations and company standards such as ISO, WSBC etc. . Also, recommends solutions and prepares written engineering instruction. Develops and Reviews procedures for guideway aspects of Maintenance Department operations. The Technical Assistant assists the Maintenance Manager in analyzing and improving overall system performance and supplies the necessary data to the Maintenance Manager on a routine basis. The Technical Assistant provides technical solutions for Maintenance Department improvements and innovations from conception to design, testing and integration into the system. This position coordinates special projects, produces and reviews major maintenance plans.
The successful candidate will be part of the BC Government Employees Union (BCGEU).
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides technical and administrative support to the Maintenance Manager.
- Provides written reports relating to maintenance system performance and reviews and corrects work orders to for quality assurance, recording, analysis and appropriate financial association
- Write accurate and effective communications on behalf of the Maintenance Department, both internally and externally including technical and safety procedures.
- Develops and Reviews procedures for guideway aspects of the Maintenance Department, and support systems.
- Assists in Maintenance Department Administrative and Planning duties as required.
- Assists in sourcing and specifying parts and outsourced maintenance for guideway aspects of Maintenance Department requirements.
- Assist in project management
- Provide design, development and integration of modifications and innovations
- Provides relief coverage for Maintenance Planner.
- Provides support and training for guideway maintenance activities.
- Gathers data in the field to analyze abnormal fault conditions and recommends solutions.
- Proactively anticipates technical issues that will affect Maintenance performance and recommends solutions.
- Assists in specifying equipment, parts and systems required for maintenance operation and supports equipment design and effective operation.
- Evaluates support equipment failures and instigates corrective action.
- Other duties as assigned by Maintenance manager.
- Minimum of 8 years relevant experience within track and special trackwork, industrial maintenance / workshop environment.
- Engineering Diploma (technologist) or equivalent practical experience
- Strong analytical skills; demonstrated proficiency in a wide range of computer software applications, (MS Office Suite, MS Project, JD Edwards etc) communication and report writing.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment.
- Must be well motivated and have an aptitude for a wide variety of railway mechanical systems.
- Valid unrestricted class 5 BC drivers’ license.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to support a 24/7 operation subject to operational requirements.
- Ability to deliver clear and concise reports both written and orally.
- Comfortable working in an underground area for an entire shift.
- Comfortable working outdoors in all types of weather.
- Ability to successfully complete Level 1 First Aid.
- Recognized Provincial or Federal trades certification relevant to ALRT systems or previous ALRT maintenance systems experience. Background in mechanical or electrical /electronics.
- Direct extended experience and proven ability to provide administrative, maintenance performance and technical analysis for a wide range of systems relating to the Canada Line track and trackwork maintenance and support systems is necessary.
- Experience in ALRT or Rail systems in a support, management or analyst role would be strongly preferred.
A combination of experience and education may also be considered.
Hourly Rate of Pay: $46.00 per hour
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles