Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins Nuclear is currently seeking a Tech Writer to join the nuclear team in Aiken, SC.
Designs, develops, and implements customized technical documents. Gathers information about needs, objectives, functions, features and requirements. Performs writing tasks for technical documents such as user manuals, installation manuals, help documents, procedures and tutorials.
- Designs, develops and maintains technical documentation as part of the system deliverable.
- Interacts with engineers or designers to understand and communicate product limitations.
- Determines the need for revisions, corrections or changes to previously published procedures. Edits material for structure, completeness, accuracy, organizational consistency and appropriateness of content.
- Develops and revises operating procedures, maintenance procedures, emergency operating procedures, start-up and test procedures and alarm response procedures.
- Implements Documented Safety Analysis (DSA), NCSC, Technical Safety Requirements (TSR) and environmental requirements in procedures.
- Initiates job hazard analysis development as required.
- Works directly with procedure authors/requestors to review copy, illustrations and other materials submitted for inclusion in assigned documents.
- Applies project knowledge and/or conducts research through discussions with technical specialists or other resources when appropriate.
- Uses interactive technologies to blend text, graphics, multidimensional images, sound and video when appropriate.
- There is no supervision of other workers at this level.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED
- Minimum 2 years experience in technical writing
- Ability to work with engineers, scientists, computer specialists, software developers and operations staff
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with DOE orders and OSHA requirements is preferred
- 1 year experience at a nuclear facility in a related field is preferred
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles