Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planners and consultants. The unique breadth of services in Transportation, combined with our scale, makes Atkins the leading UK transportation infrastructure consultancy. We create a culture and environment to inspire our people, ensure collaboration with our clients and continue to shape the future of mobility.
The role will involve working as part of a team, leading technical analysis and key work streams to analyse capacity and develop timetables to support major rail infrastructure schemes and service enhancements. Looking at complex projects from every angle, you will help our customers to find the best solutions to their operations challenges.
This is an exciting time to be part of the rail industry, and our Transport Consultancy & Advisory practice is at the forefront of some of the largest and most exciting developments within it. Join our team and you will be working on major projects that are changing the face of the rail industry for the better.
Atkins is a market-leading infrastructure, engineering and design consultancy that offers great scope for career development. And we’re very agile in the way we work and respond to new challenges. We don’t believe there’s a better place to be right now. There are so many opportunities to upskill, grow your career and move between sectors.
We are seeking a highly motivated and skilled individual with the following attributes:
- Experience of using industry software planning tools (e.g. TPS/Attune) to undertake production and delivery of high-quality timetables. A demonstrable ability in timetable/capacity analysis for scheme development would be desirable but not essential.
- Experience within either a Network Rail or Train/Freight Operator train planning team and the ability to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of timetable development and the relevant timetable development processes.
- An ability to take ownership for key workstreams and/or overall project delivery.
- Client-focused, with a clear understanding of how to produce technical outputs for a range of audiences.
- The ability to engage confidently with technical specialists within the rail industry (e.g. the Department for Transport, Network Rail, Train Operating Companies, etc)
- The ability to work effectively within a team.
- Good organisational and time-management skills to produce personal and team-based outputs within time and budget constraints.
- Excellent analytical, numeracy and problem solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Enthusiasm, energy and flexibility to work across a number of projects within a fast-paced environment.
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
#LI-UK #LI-ATKINS #LI-Transportation
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs