TOC Operator III
TOC Operator III
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
TOC Traffic Operator
We are hiring! Atkins seeks a Traffic Operator – Traffic Operations Center to join our team in Raleigh, NC. This role will be involved in managing traffic congestion, planned events and unplanned incidents in a Traffic Operations Center and providing data entry and QA/QC for information in the State DOT Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS) or Advanced Traveler Information System (ATIS).
Manages traffic congestion, planned events and unplanned incidents in a Traffic Operations Center and provides data entry and QA/QC for information in the State DOT Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS) or Advanced Traveler Information System (ATIS). Typically works under supervision but must be capable of directing his/her own work, implementing response plans as outlined in the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and coordinating with personnel outside the facility. As needed, can fill in for dispatcher and perform basic Public Information duties. Fills in for Supervisor as needed.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Monitors congestion and incident information using various tools including ATMS and ATIS, EM radio traffic, CAD feeds and traffic reports from local media partners for incidents.
- Creates identified incident in ATMS, notifies appropriate personnel, and provides additional responses as required.
- Actively reviews or implements traffic management through the use of tools such as ATMS, ATIS, DMS/CMS, Ramp Metering, 511 floodgates, and develops alternate route provisions when an incident or heavy congestion is detected and verified.
- Implements travel time postings on DMS/CMS during peak traffic hours as needed.
- Manages traffic signal timing or notifies appropriate agency as outlined in SOPs.
- Activates county alerts (targeted floodgates) for incident response as appropriate.
- Activates Amber/Silver Alerts or other messages on regional devices as outlined in SOPs. Receives and responds to emails or re-directs to appropriate staff as necessary.
- Monitors feedback messages from 511 system users and provides customer service by returning calls from those leaving feedback messages.
- Compiles daily 511 feedback report for vendor and client review.
- Coordinates with other DOT agencies and serves as primary point of contact for STIX within own state.
- Researches, identifies and reviews planned construction, maintenance, and special events and activities as required.
- Assists with data collection to include in monthly reports, travel speed and travel time reports, incident reports and any other reports that are requested.
- Depending on location, may dispatch units to the locations of incidents or hazards, providing clear directions to the location and an accurate description of an incident as advised by citizens, public safety entities, or department personnel, by means of two-way radio communication.
- Depending on location, may use radio, telephone and pagers to communicate with personnel statewide, including maintenance and construction personnel, technicians, Traffic Operations management, and Federal Highway Administration as appropriate to provide clear and accurate information regarding incidents, traffic, road, maintenance and construction activity, and related weather conditions.
- Depending on location, ensures that all radio communication remains in compliance with DOT and F.C.C. rules and regulations.
- Dispatches, as needed.
- As needed, can perform basic Public Information duties.
- Fills in for Supervisor as needed.
- May perform such other assignments as the Supervisor may deem necessary from time to time.
What will you contribute?
- High school diploma (or equivalent); must have completed 90 day TOC training;
- Two years related experience in dispatch center or 911 operations or comparable relevant experience is required.
- One-year experience as supervisor fill-in required.
- Must be proficient with computer skills.
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills required
- Must have good command of the English language.
- Ability to perform in a professional courteous manner and remain friendly while under pressure.
- Must have an aptitude for geography and maps.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs