TOC (Traffic Operations Center) Operations Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business was ranked as the world’s 3rd largest global design firm by ENR in 2018 with nearly 55,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
SNC-Lavalin’s seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our team in Philadelphia, PA as a TOC (Traffic Operations Center) Operations Manager.
Manages all Traffic Operations Center (TOC) functions associated with daily operations. Ensures that TOC operations run smoothly with little or no interruption. Directs the performance of all assigned staff including scheduling, coaching, mentoring, discipline, and other Human Resources functions. Provides primary input in all hiring, termination, promotion, downward movement, and other status change recommendations. Maintains in depth domain knowledge of all TOC functions including maintaining the ability to perform all operations floor duties as needed.
Must be capable of overseeing and directing staff (Traffic Operators), making independent judgments in time sensitive situations of considerable importance and coordinating with client and other stakeholders outside the facility. Plays proactive role in ensuring that goals and deadlines are met by monitoring progress and keeping stakeholders well informed with up-to-date reports.
- Functions as manager for all TOC operations staff, as well as coordinating with client, admin, management and staff; responding to inquiries and requests for information/approval and/or directing to appropriate staff, as required
- Assigns/monitors daily activities of operations staff
- Manages staff performance and provides timely reviews to supervised personnel
- Conducts employee performance evaluations
- Initiates and processes all personnel actions (e.g. hiring, termination, promotion, downward movement, and other status changes)
- Provides training and guidance as necessary to TOC Supervisors and Assistant Supervisors
- Communicates regularly with internal project manager to provide status updates, ascertain needs and provide solution to any issues
- Actively reviews operational activity for accuracy and appropriateness, and provides guidance and feedback to staff
- Addresses, resolves or reassigns as appropriate all escalated issues with customers and other stakeholders
- Coordinates with other agencies as appropriate
- Maintains a thorough knowledge and active capability to perform all TOC operations tasks and use all tools as required
- Oversees various programs and prepares reports as assigned by project manager or client
- Ensures that staffing schedules provide appropriate staffing levels at all times
- Provides coaching and mentoring to maximize performance. Supports and oversees continued staff training
- Works nights and/or weekends in the event of emergency operations activation
- Performs special assignments as it relates to traffic operations, traveler information, and incident management (e.g. SOPs, research, training material)
- May coordinate and attend meetings
- Communicates regularly with client managers, project manager, shift supervisors and other stakeholders to provide status updates, ascertain needs and provide solutions to any issues
- Works with HR staff to recruit and hire new employees
- Supports on-floor training, coaching and mentoring for operations staff
- Supports all review, certification and re-certification procedures and provides feedback as appropriate
- Supports the development and maintenance of all standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Supports ramp meter operations as required
- May perform such other assignments as the TOC Manager or Client may deem necessary from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's degree in related field. Without Bachelor's degree, twelve years relevant experience (e.g., experience in a traffic operations center, supervisory experience [such as hands-on supervision, performance management, handling disciplinary/personnel issues, staffing/interviewing scheduling, and coaching/training].
- And/or relevant general business experience) is required. Must be proficient with computer skills.
- Excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills required. Must have good command of the English language. Ability to perform in a professional courteous manner and remain friendly while under pressure.
- Must have an aptitude for geography and maps.
- TOC Basic Certification required within 6 months of accepting position.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to
SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.