Trainee Lighting Technician
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an ambitious person to start or develop their career in lighting, by joining the growing Lighting Systems practice at Atkins. The ideal candidate will have an interest in electrical and lighting applications across the highways, transportation and infrastructure sectors.
• Responsible for assisting with the delivery of technical consultancy and provide support to exterior lighting projects and businesses as required
• Liaising with customers in a responsive and client focused manner
• Supporting the Lighting Engineers and other teams with the development of technical solutions reports and management of projects.
• Responsible for completion of specifically assigned tasks to time and cost.
• Adhering to the company’s Quality, Safety and Environmental procedures.
• Supporting the development of others by the sharing of knowledge.=
• Appropriate academic qualifications
• Some experience of designing to British lighting standards (BS5489 and BSEN 13201)
• Some experience of using discipline design software such as AutoCAD, Lighting Reality and electrical cable design software
• Proficient in all Microsoft Office software particularly MS Excel and Word
• Proven ability to deliver work within set timeframes.
• Appropriate professional qualifications (Institution of Lighting Professionals or Society of Light and Lighting)
• Institution of Lighting Professionals Exterior Lighting Diploma
• Registered as AMILP with the Institution of Lighting Professionals
• Appropriate BS 7671 (Wiring Regulations 17th Edition) awareness qualification
• Experience of designing lighting schemes to clients
• Proficient in discipline design software particularly AutoCAD, Lighting Reality, Calculux and electrical cable sizing software
• Registered with the Highway Electrical Industry Scheme for Authorised Personnel
• G39 certificate held
• Experience of onsite inspections of highway lighting or highway electrical installations
• Driving Licence
• Flexibility for occasional periods working away from normal office location
• Excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
• A team player, dedicated to the delivery of projects
• Works to personally set deadlines with minimal supervision
• Confident and professional manner
• Able to use initiative and has a desire to continuously improve
• Enjoys working on simple, routine and complex projects
• Dedicated to continuous professional development
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.