Reporting to the Manager of Transportation Planning and Traffic, you will be an integral part of our engineering team, undertaking planning and traffic assignments for multi-modal transportation infrastructure projects. You will participate in the up-front planning of transportation projects from feasibility to design. Candidates must have strong verbal and written communication skills, have a keen interest in a fast paced work environment, and be proficient in research, document review, organization, and time/budget management. The successful applicant must be able to work collaboratively in a team setting and independently, and will be expected to liaise with professional staff including technicians, engineers, sub-consultants, contractors and clients.
- Comply with corporate policies and safety protocols and identification of general safety, and HSE requirements;
- Aids in the development of transportation work in BC including municipal, highway and transit;
- Provide transportation planning, traffic engineering and technical support in highway, transit and active transportation;
- Experience in planning of multi-modal transportation systems covering approach, methodology, options, technical solutions and stakeholder/public consultation;
- Experience in transportation modelling techniques, such as VISSIM, EMME, Synchro, SIDRA and HCS;
- Experience in functional planning and conceptual design of transportation infrastructure;
- Prepare technical reports to document transportation planning studies and traffic assessments;
- Prepare proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals;
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD or Microstation;
- Experience with Federal, Municipal and Provincial clients;
- Interface with project teams to develop and implement multi-disciplinary project and proposal strategies; and
- Liaise with clients, regulatory agencies, and contractors.
- Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering (Transportation) from an accredited university;
- Minimum of 5 years of applicable experience in the consulting sector, specifically Transportation;
- Registration or eligible to be registered with EGBC;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), prioritization and organization skills;
- Detail oriented with the ability to balance a diverse and changing workload;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, AutoCAD or Microstation is considered an asset;
- Project management experience is considered an asset.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.