Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in Vancouver, BC and reports to the Manager, Transportation and Traffic Planning . You will be responsible for undertaking planning and traffic assignments for multi-modal transportation infrastructure projects as an integral part of our engineering team. You will also participate in the up-front planning of transportation projects from feasibility to design.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Comply with corporate policies, safety protocols and identification of general health and safety requirements;
- Aid in the development of transportation work in BC including municipal, highway and transit;
- Provide transportation planning, traffic engineering and technical support in highway, transit and active transportation;
- Plan multi-modal transportation systems covering approach, methodology, options, technical solutions and stakeholder/public consultation;
- Utilize transportation modelling techniques, such as VISSIM, EMME, Synchro, SIDRA and HCS;
- Functional planning and conceptual design of transportation infrastructure;
- Prepare technical reports to document transportation planning studies and traffic assessments;
- Prepare proposals by determining concept, gathering and formatting information, writing drafts, and obtaining approvals;
- Interface with project teams to develop and implement multi-disciplinary project and proposal strategies; and liaise with clients, regulatory agencies, and contractors.
What will you contribute?
- A Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering (Transportation) from an accredited university;
- Minimum of 5 years of applicable experience in the consulting sector, specifically Transportation;
- Experience with Federal, Municipal and Provincial clients;
- Registration or eligible to be registered with EGBC;
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), prioritization and organization skills;
- Detail oriented with the ability to balance a diverse and changing workload;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, AutoCAD or Microstation is considered an asset;
- Project management experience is considered an asset.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com