Utilities Field Engineer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
TransitNEXT is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. SNC-Lavalin is pleased to announce that TransitNEXT, has reached financial close on the Trillium Line Extension project. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin will design, build, finance and maintain the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
- Provide technical engineering information and interpretation of plans, detail sheets and specifications for contractors
- Report accurate quantities for labour cost reports and accurately monitor material ledgers to ensure quantities in estimate are sufficient to complete the Project
- Perform layout work competently, accurately and efficiently
- Coordinate work and inspections with the different Utilities companies
- Coordinate and take minutes for meetings as necessary with Project Engineers and Utilities Companies,
- Find solutions to conflicts in structural, architectural, mechanical and electrical drawings and specifications and follow-up with consultants and sub-trades to completion
- Ensure construction work complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instruction
- Responsible for managing, ordering and processing underground utility locates
- Produce traffic management plans
- Produce applications for Road-cut and Encroachment Permits with the City of Ottawa
- Maintain diary for each project and update Project Manager of regular progress and changes to the job sites.
- Minimum 3 years of experience working with Utilies: Comms, Hydro Ottawa, Enbridge, Watermains…
- Construction related degree/diploma and three to five years of construction experience or an equivalent combination of technical training and experience
- Working knowledge of surveying techniques, surveying equipment standards and procedures
- Ability to conceptualize drawings and identify potential construction conflicts
- Previous experience and knowledge of OTM/MTO Book 7 would be an asset
- Substantial knowledge of shop drawings, RFIs, changes, and site instructions, as they relate to a projec,t is a requirement
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences
Our Latest Articles