Since 1911, we have been part of society’s progress on five continents … and we’re not done! Our teams bring together some of the most skilled professionals anywhere. People like you, who have the desire to stretch their talents. By joining SNC-Lavalin, you’re seizing the chance to grow with a leader in engineering and construction offering challenges that never cease to inspire. Take this opportunity to go further.
Reporting to the Procurement and Administration Supervisor, the Warehouse Technician will perform general warehousing duties.
- Conduct general warehousing duties such as receiving stock, fulfilling part orders for service providers and ships, stocking and setting up shelves and bins (including driving a forklift as required)
- Recording purchases, returns, and completed orders in a Management Information System
- Identify parts and material, in consultation with a senior technologist, for return to a client warehouse or for scrap
- Delivers parts to naval dockyards, and coordinates international and domestic shipping
- Assists in the procurement of spare parts, including but not limited to internet searches and liaising with original equipment manufacturers
- Conducts annual inventory and stock taking
- Minimum of 3 years working in a warehouse with knowledge of inventory control systems and forklift operations
- Marine mechanical or electrical background is an asset
- Completion of secondary school/high school diploma
- Valid drivers’ license and access to a vehicle is required for moving small parts
- Must hold a valid forklift operators’ certificate
- Physically fit to enable climbing ladders and stock multi-level shelves
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, specifically intermediate level in Excel and Word
- Internet savvy, with experience with searching and monitoring databases
- Strong problem solving, team building, and conflict resolution skills, as well as an excellent ability to communicate at all levels
- Experience working in a confidential environment
- Able to obtain Government of Canada security clearance
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.