Waste Water Network Engineer
Wastewater Networks Engineer – Bristol
We are looking for a Wastewater Networks Engineer to join our dynamic team based in Bristol. A keen interest in wastewater engineering is essential, but we value a broad range of skills and educational backgrounds. For example, you may have experience of wastewater networks design, modelling, rehabilitation or operation, or a passion for sustainable drainage. Experience in the scoping of solutions that improve wastewater infrastructure systems will also be beneficial. You will have strong technical and project/discipline management skills and the confidence to oversee ventures for a range of clients.
We work in an increasingly digital industry where traditional engineering is now regularly supplemented by digital innovations. As a result, we would be happy to consider applicants who can demonstrate skills and experience in coding and automation (ruby script, python etc) and who want to learn more about the water industry/engineering in a supportive team environment.
If successful, you will join our Networks and Drainage Engineering team, which is one of the largest in the UK, with clients including high-profile utility companies, local authorities and independent businesses. You will experience a wide range of projects, face our clients and work with us to shape the industry.
You will be in an office surrounded by a motivated multi-discipline team, and be connected to our national network of technical experts across the UK. We will value you for going beyond to exceed customer expectations and deliver solutions by continuously developing your technical and managerial skills, in a company that is committed to your training and development.
- Proactive commitment to Health and Safety.
- Deliver projects as part of a team as well as on individual assignments as required.
- Investigate and resolve wastewater infrastructure issues through the development of design solutions.
- Interact with clients and other stakeholders during face to face meetings.
- Team development and engagement with digital initiatives.
- Bid preparation and the work winning process.
- Budget and Programme tracking.
- Depending on experience and interest, your role may include design, data analysis and technical report writing.
- Demonstrable track record of technical achievement and client satisfaction within the water industry.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge and experience of using network modelling packages such as InfoWorks, ICM, design packages such as AutoCAD (Civils 3D), and GIS packages such as MapInfo, ArcGIS.
- Ability to manage the completion of assignments on time, within budget and to a high technical standard.
- Experience of working as part of a team of modellers, engineers and/or technicians.
- Chartered or close to being chartered with an industry recognised institute.
- Full clean UK driving licence.
Shaping the future of networks and drainage - this is our challenge in an increasingly digital world. Join us and you’ll work with a variety of colleagues and clients to create innovative solutions to challenging projects.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles