Water/ Wastewater CAD Designer
Water/ Wastewater CAD Designer
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
We are hiring! The Water/Wastewater CAD Designer is an integral part of Water Infrastructure team. This position is based out of Houston, Texas.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Develops facility designs and detailed drawings using computer based design CAD programs, including: AutoCAD Civil 3D required, MicroStation preferred.
- Works in a collaborative environment supported by ProjectWise software.
- Develops conceptual, preliminary, and/or final design drawings for facilities related to water, sewer, and site civil infrastructure projects.
- Prepares conceptual, preliminary, and/or detailed civil and mechanical layout designs, including plan, profile, and section drawings.
- Performs pipeline, reservoir, and other hydraulic structures design, including the development of detailed design drawings.
- Performs pump station and pumping systems mechanical design, including the development of layouts, plan, details, and section drawings.
- Utilizes base maps, survey files, and topographic maps, to prepare site plans, exhibits, figures, and detailed plan sets for construction contracts.
- Participates on projects involving construction activities, reviews shop drawings for conformance with design requirements including specifications; assists in generating progress reports; observes field conditions and construction procedures as needed to identify and resolve design questions or utility conflicts.
- Prepares material quantity take-off and estimates using computer generated quantity take-off estimates, including 3-dimensional quantities like excavation and grading.
- Coordinates work with engineers and other professionals within and outside own company and discipline.
- Performs field visits, and observations of construction when appropriate.
- Maintains communications with team members, clients, subs, and others involved with the project.
- Supports quality control, maintain quality standards in work produced, and implement internal and client based review comments.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
- Upholds business ethics and professional standards of conduct
What will you contribute?
- College degree in related technical field. CAD training required. Generally requires minimum eight years of related experience in a combination of technician and/or CAD technician or designer positions. May also require experience in the particular discipline supported. Strong knowledge of sat and local codes and ordinances, design inputs codes and standards.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong communications skills. Experience and familiarity with the following is preferred: surveying, Autodesk Civil 3D, MicroStation, ProjectWise, and piping systems design.
- General competencies expected of all Professionals are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. https://careers.snclavalin.com/recruitment-agencies
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs