Water/Wastewater Project Manager
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins business was ranked as the world’s 3rd largest global design firm by ENR in 2018 with nearly 55,000 employees worldwide. We have the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
SNC-Lavalin Atkins business seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Orlando, FL or Tampa, FL Water Infrastructure Group as a Water/Wastewater Project Manager.
- The Water/Wastewater Project Manager will support and lead projects for water and wastewater clients in the greater Orlando and Tampa/Sarasota areas, including planning, designing and preparing plans related to water and wastewater infrastructure which may be comprised of water distribution and sewage collection systems, pump stations, reservoirs, hydraulic structures, and water/wastewater treatment facilities.
- Technical oversight of design staff and team members for water and wastewater infrastructure projects including water pipelines, sewage collection systems, storm drain systems, pump stations, storage tanks, etc.
- Coordinates and participates in contract negotiations with clients and subcontractors, and drafts very complex professional service agreements, arranging for their review and execution by senior management. Conducts QCAP reviews of less complicated professional services agreements.
- Directs project team compliance with contract terms, monitors subcontractors' progress, performance and compliance with contractual commitments; participates in contract dispute resolution and litigation concerning project performance, administration and other liability issues; reviews and approves subconsultant and vendor invoices, and resolves payment disputes.
- Develops, communicates and manages project quality assurance, administrative procedures, communication guidelines, project deliverable formats and specifications, and progress reporting requirements.
- Monitors schedules, billings and reports; ensures appropriate charging of manhours, costs and expenses to projects; assists in obtaining payment from clients; resolves client disputes and adjusts billing records as required; communicates project progress/status to senior management and alerts them of project production, quality control or financial performance problems.
- Identifies new business opportunities for the firm, coordinates and participates in project presentations to clients and other external groups, and promotes firm's capabilities, marketing its services among existing and prospective clients.
- Participates in project opportunity evaluation, subconsultant selection, and in the preparation of firm's qualification/experience statements.
- Coordinates communications between internal and external associates and client, and between firm and regulatory agencies. Maintains frequent contact with clients and regulatory agency personnel to determine their respective needs and requirements, and serves as expert witness at project hearings and judicial proceedings if necessary.
- Supervises other project managers, technical professionals and other design staff including managing weekly project workload and manpower forecasting.
- Conducts project management training workshops and serves as mentor to associate project managers and project managers.
- Monitors and reports financial status of projects to technical managers.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- B.S. or M.S. in Civil, Chemical or Environmental Engineering. This level may be achieved with 8 years of experience in project production and technical professional activities, two of these working as a project manager.
- Local experience with the cities, water/sanitation districts and regulatory agencies within Western and/or Central Florida is highly desirable.
- Candidates must have proven interpersonal skills, including client interaction, public speaking and persuasive ability; strong project financial management along with ability to lead diverse, multi-disciplined teams.
- Familiarity with the following programs is preferred but not required: ArcGIS, AutoCAD, MicroStation, Civil 3D, SWMM, Storm/Sewer/WaterCAD.
- Knowledge of construction specifications including SSPWC and CSI standards is preferred.
- PE license in FL is required within 6 months of employment.
- General Competencies expected of all Professionals and Managers are as follows: Client Service, Commitment, Communication, Innovation & Continuous Improvement, Professionalism, Quality, and Teamwork.
- Ability to process paper/electronic documents and utilize computer equipment; ability to communicate clearly both orally and in writing; ability to visit project sites if necessary. Job also requires ability to assemble and analyze data.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles