Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins Business is one of the largest providers of energy consultancy and engineering support services in the UK. Our Nuclear division is a leading consultancy providing multi-disciplinary engineering support services to all project stages, from concept through to completion, to owners, operators, regulators and suppliers to nuclear licensed sites. We’re involved across the whole life cycle of the civil nuclear industry, building the next generation of civil nuclear power stations and the first large scale prototype fusion reactor, meeting the challenge of keeping the current nuclear fleet operational and tackling complex decommissioning projects.
As one of the world’s leading engineering consultancies, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
To meet the increasing demand of our expertise in Nuclear industry we have now opportunities for Safety Specialists, at various levels, including fresh graduates / post graduates and with experience ranging from 01 – 05 years to join our growing team of Nuclear Safety Consultants at our Atkins Bangalore office.
Suitable candidates will possess the following qualifications and experience:
- Degree qualified preferably in mechanical/chemical engineering.
- Previous relevant experience in the nuclear industry or other related industry.
Knowledge or experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Reactor plant technology.
- Development of nuclear safety strategies and compliance with statutory requirements.
- Nuclear Regulation and licensing.
- Plant safety, hazard/fault identification studies e.g. HAZOP, FMEA, etc.
- Basic reliability engineering.
- Development of fault tree and event tree models.
- Support to Engineering Substantiation studies.
- Process plant design and safety
Candidate should possess the following qualifications, skills and experience.
- Degree in any basic discipline
- Understanding of the principles of Nuclear/Process Plant Safety
- Broad view of the Nuclear power plant functioning (advantageous but not essential)
- Knowledge and understanding of nuclear safety legislation including site licensing requirements would be an added advantage.
- Ability to work independently or as part of team.
- Ability to understand and define client’s requirements, plan & schedule deliverables, timelines.
- Strong delivery culture, maintaining strict timelines, professional report writing is must.
- Expertise in MS office. Good communication and presentation skills
- Flexible to relocate to Bangalore and if required, undergo training for a period of 3-6 months within UK.
- Further, the candidate should be open to further the skill into areas such as
- Use of tools like RISKSPECTRUM
- Fault Tree Analysis
- Event Tree Analysis
- Qualitative and Quantitative Hazard assessments
- Probabilistic safety assessment/Component reliability assessment/Human Error Probability assessment/Common Cause Failures analysis
If you believe you have the right skill, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in the above position then we would like to hear from you.
IntroductionFounded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins B
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs