Assistant/Junior C&I Engineer
Assistant/Junior C&I Engineer
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. SNC-Lavalin’s Atkins Business is one of the largest providers of energy consultancy and engineering support services in the UK. Our Nuclear division is a leading consultancy providing multi-disciplinary engineering support services to all project stages, from concept through to completion, to owners, operators, regulators and suppliers to nuclear licensed sites. We’re involved across the whole life cycle of the civil nuclear industry, building the next generation of civil nuclear power stations and the first large scale prototype fusion reactor, meeting the challenge of keeping the current nuclear fleet operational and tackling complex decommissioning projects.
As one of the world’s leading engineering consultancies, we offer unparalleled opportunities for talented individuals in search of a rewarding career.
To meet the increasing demand of our expertise in the nuclear industry we have now opportunities for Control and Instrumentation (C&I) Engineers with experience ranging from 03 – 07 years in C&I design and development to join the nuclear team at our Atkins Bangalore office.
We are particularly interested in individuals with reasonable consultancy experience in C&I design and development, working knowledge of field instrumentation, production of C&I architecture and control philosophy, and a knowledge of functional safety (IEC 61508/61513). Previous Power or Nuclear experience is desirable, but not essential, particularly with suitable demonstration of experience in a highly regulated industry (e.g. Oil and Gas).
The work is varied and may include some or all of the responsibilities mentioned below:
- C&I design and development for process and piping systems.
- Preparation of conceptual and detail design packages, including optioneering and design development.
- Development of C&I architecture and control philosophy.
- Production of input/output list, instrument list, instrument data sheets, and functional specifications, their assessment and justification.
- Equipment/Instrument selection and procurement, identification of all safety (nuclear and operational) requirements.
- Production of vendor packages, coordination with manufacturer/contractor, review of vendor drawings/documents.
- Liaising with all stakeholders and responsible for all technical issues related to their area of specialisation; Co-ordination with other discipline specialists where areas interface or overlap exist.
- Preparation of instrument specifications, loop diagrams and cabling schematics, schedules, technical risk assessments, and commissioning strategies, cost and programme estimations.
- Estimation of costs and delivery of the work package within required timescales
- Design/selection of PLCs/DCS/Data Processing Systems / Process Control High Integrity Plant Protection Systems.
- Availability, Reliability and Maintainability assessment
- Participate in independent design reviews and verifications to ensure high standards are met.
- Suitable degree in Instrumentation/Electronics engineering.
- Experience in Nuclear, Power, Oil & Gas or other highly regulated industrial environment preferred.
- Experience of Process Control & Instrumentation/Reactor Protection and Regulation system design.
- Knowledge of safety systems/high integrity systems/equipment, automation system design.
- Knowledge of IEC 61508, 61511, 61513, SIL Categorisation/ Integrity Targets and safety life cycle.
- Knowledge of IEC/BS standards, Safety Instrumented Systems, Programmable Logic Controllers, Fire Detection Systems;
- Knowledge of fault trees, FMEA, HAZOP, and automation system design.
- Ability to carry out detailed design, analysis and review others work.
- Experience of providing strong technical advice and guidance on C&I engineering design to the client.
- Working knowledge of field instrumentation including datasheets and hook-up drawings.
- Excellent working knowledge of industrial communication standards, protocols, SCADA/DCS, control and protection systems
- Working knowledge of cabling systems which include cable block diagrams, cable schedules, cable routing drawings, schematics, termination schedules and cable specifications.
- Takes responsibility for nuclear safety with the ability to challenge appropriately.
- Good working knowledge of industry standards, design and installation codes of practice and regulations.
- A flair for solving complex problems from first principles and the ability to deliver multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong delivery culture, and maintenance of strict timelines.
- Proven computer aptitude, and expertise in MS office; Knowledge of AutoCAD and Visio desirable.
- Understanding of other relevant engineering disciplines.
- Ability to work independently or as part of team, flexible attitude to the type of work and the level of responsibility accepted.
- Experience supporting construction and commissioning phases.
- Experience or exposure to project management principles desirable.
- Ability to understand and define client’s requirements, plan & schedule deliverables, timelines.
- Proven strong problem solving, organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with a proven ability to write accurate, detailed and concise technical reports.
- Flexible to relocate to Bangalore; flexible in travelling to Atkins’ and client’s office locations around the world, if required.
- Experienced and innovative team player with the ability to work on own initiative and to take responsibility for the development and supervision of design projects.
A competitive salary offered to the right person
Employees’ Provident Fund Scheme (PF)
Medical Insurance for the employee and family
Accident Insurance coverage for the employee
Annual bonus/Gratuity scheme
Medical Expenses Reimbursement
If you believe you have the right skill, experience and enthusiasm to succeed in the above position then we would like to hear from you.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs