Assistant Recruitment Advisor - Apprentices
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
SNC-Lavalin is going through an exciting period of change. A Canadian listed engineering and construction firm, on July 2017 they acquired the UK engineering consultancy Atkins bringing with it a great opportunity to re-position the SNC-Lavalin brand in the eyes of our markets and ahead of our competitors. The combined group now has approximately 50,000 employees around the world and both Atkins and SNC-L’s offerings combined give us the opportunity to continue our growth. The future of engineering and construction is in the greater use of data, combined with technologies to deliver our services more efficiently and bring different offerings to our clients. From apps, virtual reality and artificial intelligence, to mobility as a service and digital asset management, we are combining our traditional engineering skills with technology to fundamentally change the way we do things.
EDPM is the Engineering, Design & Project Management sector of SNC-Lavalin. We plan, design and enable the delivery of complex projects and major programmes across transportation, energy and infrastructure. Primarily made up of Atkins, including Faithful+Gould, we push boundaries and create value as trusted advisors to our clients and partners.
SNCL Atkins currently have an opportunity for Assistant Recruitment Advisor (Apprentices) in our Birmingham office.
We’re looking for a recruiter with some experience but most importantly a passion for apprentices to join our Early Careers team which is growing in size to support the growing needs of the business.
To do well in this role you’ll certainly need to have a desire to learn, like variety and challenges and working in a high volume, fast paced environment, providing exceptional customer service. Although we have recruitment cycles there’s never a time when we’re not busy, so you would come in and hit the ground running to support the delivery of our apprentice recruitment. Apprentice recruitment experience would of course be great to have, but we’ll consider graduate or general recruitment experience in a high volume and fast paced environment. If you’re a quick learner with the right approach and ambition you could be right for us as we’ll provide you with the support and training needed to become competent.
So you get a feel for the role, here’s some of the things you’ll be doing:
- Contribute to the team delivering our apprentice recruitment which will involve eventually taking responsibility end to end for a number of roles, from attraction through to onboarding, aligned to one or more of our business areas
- Help manage a high volume of candidates through our selection process providing an exceptional customer service and an outstanding candidate experience
- There’s lots of business and candidate engagement so you’ll need to enjoy communicating with people and in all parts of the process, enabling the right decisions to be made
- Use our early careers ATS, we’ll provide training, but you’ll want to have used systems before for candidate management in a recruitment environment
- You’ll need to be able to travel to and manage the delivery of assessment centres at various locations across the UK
- Get involved in the ongoing improvement of our early career’s recruitment through various projects
Here’s some of the things we’ll be looking for you to demonstrate:
- Highly organised with a structured approach to work, juggling priorities well whilst being self-managing a lot of the time with the support of the team around you
- Great IT skills in Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel and PowerPoint and be comfortable with systems
- Excellent customer focus, helping us to always put the candidate first
- Have the confidence and ability to build strong relationships with people, getting close to your colleagues, your business stakeholders and candidates
- Like following process where there needs to be and comfortable to look for flexible improvements where the opportunity exists
- Great at multi-tasking, regularly prioritising your workload and being agile enough to support the team as and when needed
- Self-sufficient and independent, you’ll be confident working autonomously at times but capable of staying connected with the team
- Given the nature of the role you’ll need to be happy being mobile as at times there will be travel and there will be overnight stays.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.