Associate Process Mechanical Engineer
Working out of SNC-Lavalin's office in Exton PA, you will be a part of a team that works on fast paced technically complex design/build projects in the biotech, pharmaceutical, chemical and food industries.
As an Associate Process Mechanical Engineer in SNC-Lavalin's Engineering department and reporting to the Process Engineering Manager, you will develop standard engineering documents associated with projects at various stages of execution from Conceptual Design to Construction and Commissioning. In addition, you will support project design which will include CAD work (AutoCAD and Revit 3D) involving equipment layout and coordination with building elements. During the execution phase you will verify the correct implementation of the systems as designed and compliance with applicable standards. During the startup and commissioning phase you will assist with the start-up and commissioning efforts. You will be responsible for reinforcing an atmosphere of safety and a commitment to design excellence. You will play a key role in the development and organization of standardized engineering documentation.
What will be your contribution?
- User requirement specifications.
- Process and design narratives.
- Utility and process flow diagrams.
- Equipment specifications and datasheets.
- Equipment, Instrument and line lists.
- Sequence of operations.
- Controls descriptions.
- Start-up and commissioning documentation.
- HAZOP documentation.
- Mass and energy calculations.
- Bid tabulations.
What are we looking for?
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or Chemical Engineering or equivalent 4 year degree.
- Minimum three years' experience in Process Engineering, preferably in the chemical, pharmaceutical, food and general industry sectors.
- Ability to focus, prioritize projects, handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Experience with utility, clean utility and clean process equipment specification, installation, startup.
- Experience in a design-build delivery methodology is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office especially MS Access.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these difference