Atkins is part of the SNC Lavalin Group of companies, the delivery of its IT is via a function called IT Services (ITS). Our ITS business is made up of digital, user service, technology and project management experts, working across multiple regions. Our teams are supporting globally including those based in offices and working on remote sites with our clients where we partner the business on some of the worlds iconic design and build and infrastructure projects.
The Business Analyst is a senior role in the Advanced Analytics and Business Intelligence organization.
- As a Business Analyst your responsibility is understanding the vision of the business and translating that vision into understandable requirements for the development teams. You are going to interact with business users and subject matter experts, project management, technical development, quality assurance, and end user.
- This role will help grow and improve the porforlio of Advanced Analytics and Business Intelligence solutions and it will actively contribute at improving the business using data insights.
As a Business Analyst AA & BI, you will:
- Understand and document complex business processes in an environment having many Enterprise Applications used by various sectors.
- Ensure the requirements are correctly implemented by the development teams and they are using the right data sources.
- Facilitate development of solutions that combine knowledge of business processes and issues, technological options, and process facilitation techniques.
- Passionately demonstrate internally and externally how data insights fuel transformation while showcasing the value of the existing business intelligence solutions.
- Exceptional cross-team collaboration and communicator. Partner with key stakeholders in the organization to drive AA&BI role clarity and effective cross-team collaboration.
- Identify and document data insights best practices to further grow the success of the AA & BI team.
- Experience: 10+ years of experience in Business Analysis focusing on Business Intelligence solutions delivery required.
- Change: 2+ years of experience implement change management required.
- Collaboration: Ability to generate trust, build alliances, and orchestrate interdisciplinary teams to the benefit of customers required.
- Communication: Thought leader with executive presence, including the ability to hold CxO level discussions, exceptional interpersonal, verbal, written and presentation skills required.
- Strong understanding of the Business Intelligence concepts like data warehouse, data platform, reports, dashboards required.
- Experience with a variety of relational database servers is preferred - Oracle, SQL Server required.
- Proven ability to capture the customer’s requirements and mapping them to existing enterprise systems needs to technical solutions required.
- Significant experience in data conversions and master data management experience defining, testing, and troubleshooting JD Edwards EnterpriseOne/Oracle EBS to 3rd party system data interfaces required.
- Empathy, curiosity, and desire to constantly improve, acquire new skills and drive for results required.
- Demonstrated competency in project planning and delivery required.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, finance, equivalent education and experience may be substituted for a degree.
- 10+ years of experience in a JD Edwards EnterpriseOne ERP or Oracle EBS environment with significant hands-on business experience working and supporting in finance, capital asset management or procurement modules required.
- Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP®) desired.
- Prior work experience in capturing business requirements for complex Business Intelligence solutions required.
- Prior work experience in project oversights methods and standards desired.
- Active involvement in the delivery of BI related solutions to real world application required.
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.