Communications and Networks Graduate Scheme (2020)
As a Communications and Networks Graduate on our prestigious 3-year programme, you be able to work with teams across mission critical industries, to contribute to the security and resilience of the nation, or to exploit advanced technology to help clients to not only meet but embrace these exciting times. Working with leading names to transform the future of aerospace engineering and create lighter, quieter and more fuel-efficient aircraft. The security team is trusted by organisations to help them understand the threats they are facing and develop the strategies to counter them.
At Atkins we offer a world of opportunities from the projects you’ll work on to the directions you can take your career. Whilst our continuous mentoring, on the job learning and training will help you achieve professional registration and develop industry skills that are highly sought after.
Brilliant minds. World-changing ideas. We’re one of the world’s most prestigious consultancies. With the Atkins Graduate Development Programme, you’re in great company.
Where will I work?
As a recent graduate you could find yourself in the following team;
Aerospace, Defence, Security & Technology (ADS&T)
Locations: Bristol, Epsom (Surrey), Glasgow
Degree Requirements: Achieved or predicted minimum of a 2.1 Bachelor’s or above degree in; Communications, Telecommunications, Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering, ICT.
Working as an Atkins consulting ICT engineer within the communication and networks element of our communications business, you will be involved in the design and development of a wide variety of electronic communications systems and data networks. Working with our clients and their ICT systems, you could be responsible for any aspect of a developing telecommunications system, from the analysis of user requirements through to managing installation contracts.
You could be exposed to every aspect of the engineering of electronic communications systems; from infrastructure (e.g. optical cable networks and radio) through to the configuration of complex data networks and control systems. You could find yourself working on systems for a new airport or hotel, university or defence installation. Alternatively, your work could involve the development of next-generation broadband networks including the advancement of 5G.
If you’re a talented graduate who isn’t afraid to challenge or push boundaries, you can look forward to plenty of variety. Supporting, encouraging and pushing you every step of the way, you’ll get involved in some of our specialist areas, which include;
• Complex telecommunications and IT networks supporting the defence and nuclear markets for the MOD, EDF and Sellafield
• Wireless/radio and WirelessLAN where we provide technical advice for transportation and aviation clients such as Heathrow Airport, TFL and Transport Scotland
• Information security – We understand and implement the procedures and processes to deliver IT systems in some of the highest security environments for confidential clients
What are we looking for?
• Passion and understanding for working in a consultancy environment, with the ability to work with clients and internal stakeholders
• Drive and determination to achieve Chartered status
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills, with the confidence to work on your own initiative or as part of a multidisciplinary team
• Ability to apply your technical knowledge to analyse problems and create innovative solutions
• An interest in developing digital and technology-based solutions
• A flexible approach to travel as our projects and training may take you to a variety of locations in the UK and possibly abroad
What are the benefits and rewards?
For a full list of our benefits and to understand more about our graduate community, please click here
How do I apply?
Please click the apply button now to start your application journey! As an equal opportunities employer we value applications from candidates of all backgrounds, cultures and abilities. For further details on our recruitment process, please refer to our website or if you’d like to speak to one of our current graduates click here.
We want you to perform at your best at each stage of our recruitment process and can make adjustments to ensure this. So, whether you consider yourself to have a disability or not, or would simply like to know how we can support you better, please contact us confidentially on 0121 483 5089 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Our deadline for applications is Monday 6th January 2020. However, due to the popularity of our programmes, some of our roles will close earlier than others. To avoid disappointment, we recommend that you apply as soon as possible.
NB: This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.