Construction BIM Lead
Construction BIM Lead
Why join us?
TransitNEXT is a wholly owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin is awarded the design, build, finance and maintenance of the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
As part of the Trillium project based in Ottawa, we are looking for a qualified Construction BIM Lead. The incumbent will lead the implementation of BIM throughout the Project in compliance with the Project goals. The Construction BIM Lead leads the BIM team and Sub-contractor BIM Leads for all BIM-related construction issues on the Project and reports to the Project Technical Director. The Construction BIM Lead is responsible for outlining the construction BIM requirements for all discipline Models to be delivered by engineering to construction. The Construction BIM Lead is the primary point of contact for any BIM related issues with the client or external stakeholders and will be part of any commercial discussions related to BIM implementation
How will you contribute to the team?
- Define the BIM strategy for the Project; identify and maintain the BIM goals and priorities
- Define the Project BIM requirements
- Review and approve the BIM Execution Plan and the BIM Protocol
- Lead the Project BIM Team; track and monitor their performance
- Report to the Project upper management on any issues surrounding BIM implementation
- Ensure the Project provides the tools, processes, and support to manage the information in a structured, coordinated, and accurate way
- Ensure any BIM related topic is adequately communicated among the Project stakeholders
- Ensure an effective relationship with all stakeholders on the Project regarding BIM deployment
- Coordinate efforts within the BIM Team in accordance to Project needs
- Evaluate and report BIM scope change impact to upper management
- Act as primary Stakeholder/Contractor interface on any BIM related issue
- Promote the “one team” approach among the BIM Team Facilitate the adoption of collaborative ways of working
- Lead the BIM deployment within construction stage
- Define the strategy to deliver the BIM uses related to construction
- Ensure that the BIM Execution Plan is properly distributed among the Construction Team
- Ensure that BIM processes and procedures during construction comply with the BIM Execution Plan and serve the Project BIM goals
- Act as key contact for any BIM related issues among the Construction Team and ensure the transfer of any BIM related information to construction
- Define and disseminate construction BIM related best practices and procedures among the Project
- Manage the communication with construction subcontractors in regard to any BIM-related issue
- Participate in BIM related meetings with stakeholders
- Support the engineers in the adoption of BIM collaborative methods
- Organize and lead recurrent BIM follow up meetings with the Project BIM Team and subcontractors
What will you contribute?
- Technical or undergraduate degree in Engineering and at least 5 years of experience or equivalent combination of technical trainings and knowledge in a closely related field.
- Advanced understanding of the capabilities and limitations of BIM software such as Revit, AutoCAD Civil 3D, Navisworks and Assemble.
- Experience in civil infrastructure or building design and construction projects.
- Experience in use of analytic reporting tools such as MS PowerBI.
- Knowledge / understanding of industry practices, processes and standards.
- On site construction experience is an asset.
- French and English (spoken and written).
- Available to occasionally visit and work in project offices and on site.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 3 weeks of vacation time
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
You wish to leverage your experience and contribute to this position? Apply now!
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs