Contract Administrator Manager - Chalk River
Scope of work:
CNL is seeking potentially 2-3 Contract Managers (Known as Contract Administrators in CNL)
The Contract Administrator is responsible for managing the contractual obligations and relationship between CNL on the value, complexity, risk and contractual requirements.
- Early engagement in Contract Formation to help establish post contract relationship, administration and performance requirements.
- Provides authoritative advice to internal customers and stakeholders in respect of all commercial matters associated with the contract includes claims for relief or minor disputes. Co-ordinates and leads Contract Kick-off Meeting to ensure appropriate expectations are set at the start of the contract.
- Co-ordinates regular supplier progress/performance reporting, meetings and feedback, to ensure contract is delivered to both Contractual Obligations and expectations of good industry practice.
- Functions as single point of contact (SPOC) on all commercial and contractual matters between CNL and the Supplier/Contractor.
- Manages Contract Change Control to ensure that changes are identified early, evaluated, negotiated, documented and approved as per contract. Logs, manages and tracks contract deliverables; facilitates the review and comment process and ensures supplier documentation is filed in accordance with document control procedures.
- Documents, logs, manages and tracks decisions and events relevant to the contract through RFIs.
- Verifies invoicing meets contractual requirements and monitors payments to suppliers.
- Works with Supply Chain Contract Officers, Supply Chain Management and legal team to interpret the contract and escalate disputes to the appropriate level as required
- Develops contract execution plans in conjunction with the contract teams.
- Verifies, in conjunction with the Contract Team, that the technical and commercial contract conditions are fulfilled throughout the contract. Verifies contract completion and ensures that all work has been completed, that all deficiencies and administrative matters have been resolved.
- Leads the development of report on performance, including monitoring of contract cost, schedule, quality, and technical performance. Performance meetings will be conducted in accordance with the frequency identified in the contract.
- Participates/leads lessons learned meetings and/or documents and shares any lessons learned that were identified during contract execution.
- Post-secondary education in Business Administration/ Supply Chain Management/ Engineering/ Contract
- Administration with 3-5 years pertinent experience or 8 years of equivalent experience with projects and/or construction projects.
- Knowledge and understanding of contract law, procurement practices/processes and tasks with emphasis on complex procurements where the participation of technical experts is required (technical experts, legal, quality assurance).
- Demonstrated understanding of contract terminology and contract interpretation, contract strategies, pricing models and contract risks.
- Formal training and/or demonstrated experience in relationship management, conflict resolution and negotiation.
- Strong computer skills. Advanced level capability in MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint).
- Knowledge of enterprise systems such as Oracle and Aveva ProCon would be an asset
- Outstanding organizational skills and oral and written communication capabilities.
- Strong sense of accountability, work ethic and analytical skills required.
- Willingness to put in extra hours as required.
- Demonstrated ability to lead others through influence rather than authority.
- Maintain clear, concise documentation on all stages of the procurement.
- SCMA Certification or enrolment in a Diploma program is an asset.
- Technical background or demonstrated understanding of design/construction contracts would be an asset
- Knowledge and experience with a variety of Quality Assurance programs. Knowledge of nuclear quality assurance programs would be an asset.
- Basic Project Management skills would be an asset
College level diploma/certificate
What we offer at Candu Energy Inc:
At Candu, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (i.e.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.):
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary: These jobs are open for all job levels and will be assessed based on experience and skills.
- Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Paid vacation time
- Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At Candu, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
Candu cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin / Candu, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com