Deputy Program Manager - Toll Highways
Deputy Program Manager - Toll Highways
Deputy Program Manager – Toll Highways
We are hiring! Atkins seeks a Deputy Program Manager – Toll Highways to join our Atlanta, GA team, supporting the Georgia State Road and Tollway Authority (SRTA) General Engineering Consultant (GEC) Program, working as an “extension of staff” in the client’s offices in downtown Atlanta.
The ideal candidate will have a background as a traditional project manager for design or construction of DOT-type highway projects with experience in capital project procurement / development, and lifecycle management of projects. Experience in ITS/Traffic is preferred. A broad base of skills, capability and experience in management, engineering, administration and communicating is desired, as well as the willingness to be a team player.
The Deputy Program Manager is part of Atkins’ Atlanta, GA transportation team that supports the Georgia State Road and Tollway Authority (SRTA) (client). SRTA, the tolling partner to the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) is currently developing express lane systems and toll facilities.
This position will serve as a GEC Project Manager for the client’s Engineering Group, and will manage other consultants and Atkins tolls staff, as well as provide support to the client’s staff, on numerous types of design/construction projects related primarily to those express lane and toll facilities.
Performs the basic project functions of production coordination, planning, organizing, directing, controlling, and financial management.
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years. Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Coordinates and participates in the preparation of the Request for Proposal documents developed by the Georgia Department of Transportation (GDOT) for the solicitation of civil contractors to construct the express lane facilities, and deliver the infrastructure required to support tolling operations.
- Coordinates and works with GDOT operations and SRTA operations staff to support operations from the conceptual operations phase, implementation, to ongoing operations and maintenance.
- Serves as the technical liaison between the SRTA Toll System Integrator (TSI) and the GDOT civil contractor.
- Coordination of multi-disciplinary teams from both agencies to work towards technical solutions that are in the best interests of the overall project.
- Serves as an extension of client staff, working on a daily basis with the Agency’s offices.
- Communicates regularly with client staff, project managers, external agency and consultant staff.
- Supports occasional field work with technical staff, to collect site specific data as projects require.
- Assists in the preparation of graphic displays, presentations, reports.
- Guides, reviews, supervises and/or coordinates the work of a multidisciplinary project team made up of widely diverse internal teams and consultants.
- Prepares and maintains project work plan, scope, schedule and budget, and communicates these to client project team members; monitors/manages project production for compliance with schedule, budget and quality objectives.
- Responsible preparing for concept reports, including coordination with internal client design groups in preparation of the reports, to be used for scoping and budgeting projects.
- Establishes and maintains project files.
- Participates in project opportunity evaluation, consultant selection, and in preparation of firm’s qualification/experience statements.
- Schedule and coordinate project meetings.
- May supervise technical professionals, associate project managers and design staff including workload and staffing management.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary.
What will you contribute?
- B.S. degree in Civil Engineering or Electrical Engineering. Management coursework and/or MBA a plus.
- This level may be achieved with ten years of experience in project production and technical professional activities, four of these working as a project manager.
- Experience in ITS/Traffic is preferred.
- Experience in procurement support and preparing Requests for Proposals (RFPs) is a plus.
- General Engineering Consultant (GEC) experience is a plus.
- GDOT Design-Build experience is also a plus.
- Knowledge of GDOT and SRTA policies, procedures and standards is desirable but not required.
- Proven collaborative leadership with effective negotiation, interpersonal and partnering skills.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service to the client.
- Excellent written, verbal and listening communication skills; good public speaking ability.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and decision-making skills; organizational and time management skills. Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at one time.
- Ability, willingness and initiative to learn about new technologies, staff and skills.
- Strong financial management, team management, and leadership skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft personal computer applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Project Server; Working knowledge of SharePoint and other Project Management / production support systems.
- Professional registration (e.g. P.E.) in field of practice is required, if registered in another state the ability to obtain registration in the state of Georgia.
- “Project Management Professional” (PMP) certification is a plus.
What we offer at Atkins:
At Atkins, you will enjoy a robust rewards package which includes:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work schedules
- Group Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan with employer match
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities and a highly regarded tuition reimbursement program
If this sounds like you and you would like to expand your career with us, apply today!
Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please review Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy and are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Note to staffing and direct hire agencies:
In the event a recruiter or agency who is not on our preferred supplier list submits a resume/candidate to anyone in the company, SNC-Lavalin family of companies, we explicitly reserve the right to recruit and hire the candidate(s) at our discretion and without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs