Design Support During Construction (DSDC) Manager
TransitNEXT is a wholly-owned subsidiary of SNC-Lavalin. SNC-Lavalin is pleased to announce that TransitNEXT, has reached financial close on the Trillium Line Extension project. As the sole proponent in the TransitNEXT team, SNC-Lavalin will design, build, finance and maintain the new extension, and will also assume responsibility for the long-term maintenance of the existing Trillium Line.
Join TransitNEXT and become part of The Trillium Line Extension project, expanding and enhancing transit services in Ottawa.
As part of the Trillium project based in Ottawa, we are looking for Design Support During Construction (DSDC) Manager to as Design Team's single point of contact with Construction for DSDC services
- Manage and coordinate DSDC activities to facilitate timely response and delivery of all DSDC services to Construction Group.
- Report directly to the Design Manager and respond to the Construction Technical Director for the purposes of DSDC activities.
- Produce DSDC Management Plan in coordination with the Design Manager.
- Implement and manage all DSDC procedures in accordance with the DSDC Management Plan.
- Attend coordination meetings, as requested by Construction Technical Director, prepare MoM and follow up actions agreed.
- Manage the review and disposition of all construction Non-Conformances that require design input for resolution.
- Assign resources in coordination with the Design Manager to effectively respond to Construction requests.
- Monitor budgets and report DSDC activities on a regular basis to Design Manager.
- Coordinate with document control and track Requests for Information (RFIs), Notices of Design Change (NDCs), Field Design Changes (FDCs), Non-Conformance Reports (NCRs), Submittals, and any actions arising from these processes, are essential responsibilities of the DSDC team.
- Management of Design Team (DSDC) activities arising from the Document Control Management Plan.
- Management of the Electronic Document Management Systems (EDMS)
- Management and maintenance of the master “Released for Construction” document list
- Manage DSDC transmittals and issue information through Document Control and Trillium EDMS system.
- Demonstrable DSDC experience in Design and Build projects, and with BIM-based projects.
- Experience of managing design projects to time, cost and quality objectives and familiar with programming and earned value techniques.
- Self-motivated and able to work both independently and within a larger multi-discipline team.
- Familiar with BIM and has an understanding of 3D modelling tools for design and coordination purposes and the associated Information attributes that can be assigned and managed within the Model.
- Customer focused with excellent client relationship management skills.
- Ability to manage and motivate a team and demonstrate good leadership qualities.
- Ability to adapt to different cultures and working environments to build rapport with clients.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills both verbal and written.
- A hard working and flexible individual, who is a team player, possesses great attention to detail, is reliable, proactive and shows initiative whilst able to keep cool under pressure and when working to often demanding deadlines.
We offer an opportunity to work on varied and interesting projects in Canada and around the world. Salary will be commensurate with your experience. While we sincerely thank all applicants, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Our Latest Articles