MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
Verification that company procedures and process are being implemented in accordance with the Project Quality Program and the Company Integrated Management System (IMS)
- Attend all necessary inspections as identified in the approved Inspection and Test Plan (ITP).
- Inspect the production quality to establish if the client requirements are being achieved.
- Shall perform a variety of inspection functions under supervision
- Record and document any and all deviations from the Project Quality Program and the Company Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Update the QEIL system with any and all deviations from the Project Quality Program and the Company Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Coordinate with the client representatives to ensure that inspections are carried out expediently.
- Generate client Requests For Inspection (RFI) where required providing sufficient notice for Hold, Witness and Inspection points.
- Carry out inspections on Exception Items (EI) as documented in the QEIL and sign off a closed when activity is complete.
- Continually carry out surveillance inspections on the project recording and documenting any and all deviations from the Project Quality Program and the Company Integrated Management System (IMS).
- Review the calibration status of any test equipment being utilized on the project ensuring the equipment is within calibration prior to use.
- Provide support and advice to the construction personnel in relation to the Project Quality Program and the Company Integrated Management System (IMS)
- Maintain a good working relationship with all and Client personnel.
- Maintain good record keeping of activities carried out and inspection reports, surveillance reports, etc.
- Maintain willingness to learn and support the Inspector providing the on the job training
- Comply with all Project HSE requirements i.e. PPE, work Permits etc.
- Promote the use HSE practices
- Any other adhoc duties as assigned from time to time
EDUCATION SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- QA/QC Inspector shall be a Diploma / Degree holder or equivalent
- Inspector shall demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of the National Electric Code/NFPA 70, IEC or equivalent standards. Where, inspection of Cathodic Protection equipment is required, inspector must be able to demonstrate a thorough knowledge of applicable requirements of NACE or equivalent corrosion standards
- Inspector shall be familiar with the international Industry Codes and Standards related to Intrinsically Safe Systems and Electrical Systems for Instrumentation such as; ISA RP12.6, ISA RP12.2.02, ISA TR12., ANSI MC96.1, IEEE 518, IEEE 1100, IEC 60529, NEMA ICS 6, NEMA 250, NEMA VE 1, NEMA VE 2, NFPA 70/NEC and UL 94. As a minimum, The Inspector shall be able to inspect complete loop checking, wiring continuity and color coding, start up, and troubleshooting. When required, The Inspector shall be able to evaluate Factory Acceptance Test and demonstrate a thorough working knowledge of international codes and standards related to packaged units instrumentation such as, Distributed Control System (DCS), Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) Systems, Remote Terminal Unit, and Emergency Shutdown (ESD) systems
- Shall be fully conversant with applicable Industry Standards and Specifications
- Computer literate, familiar with proprietary administration software.
- Good interpersonal skills. Good communicator.
- Maintain a good standard of written and spoken English
- The Inspector shall comply with the discipline specific criteria noted below
- The Inspector shall meet as a minimum the following years of relevant experience
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs