Group Engineer - Civil
Group Engineer - Civil
Atkins is the largest engineering and design consultancy in the UK, the largest multidisciplinary consultancy in Europe and one of the largest design firms in the world.
Our Water Operations team is one of the largest in the UK. Our clients include high-profile utility companies, local authorities and independent businesses.
Due to expanding workload in the United Kingdom and the Middle East, we have an excellent career development opportunity for an enthusiastic civil engineer to join our Capital Delivery Solutions team in our Global Design Centre in Bengaluru, India.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
Degree in Civil Engineering and master’s degree in environmental engineering (preferred)
- 10 to 15 years of experience in the Water & Wastewater Industry.
- Experience of working in the water Industry; civil design of particularly water and wastewater trunk mains, reservoirs, pumping stations, water and wastewater treatment works (One area is essential, 2 or more preferred). UK experience is preferred.
- Experience of detailed design drawings and calculations
- Familiarity with IS/BS Codes of Practice
- Ability to contribute to the project management of detailed design of projects
- Ability to apply, promote/improve quality systems
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently
- Microsoft Outlook, Word & Excel proficient. Basic knowledge on drafting software like AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Revit, Navisworks
- International experience
- Experience of training and mentoring
- Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartership
Reporting to the C & S Team Leader, key responsibilities will be:
· Ensure compliance with UK Health & Safety requirements and CDM Regulations and incorporate design for safety
· Ensure compliance with Atkins Quality Management Procedures
· Deliver projects on time and to quality and budget
· Mentoring of Graduate/Assistant Engineers
- Aware of best engineering practices, value engineering, civil designs with respect to buildability, ability to solve site related design issues
- Check and/or review of calculations and drawings to International codes of practice
- Enthusiastic and self-motivated
- Ability to work collaboratively with clients & colleagues from diverse backgrounds
- Flexible and adaptable
- Ability to learn new skills
- Awareness of limits of competence and when to seek assistance
- Strong attention to detail and ability to make correct judgements
- Willingness to travel to various locations in India and abroad for short term assignments and training
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development courses designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Remote Working: We are open to working from remote locations.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs