HR Systems & Innovation Advisor - FTC role
Atkins is a part of the SNC Lavalin Group, we work largely across the Transport, Infrastructure, Energy, Aerospace and Defence sectors. We’re involved in the delivery of major projects such as Hinkley Point, HS2 and the Heathrow Airport expansion, our combined group now has approximately 50,000 employees around the world and both Atkins and SNC-Ls offerings enable us the opportunity to continue our growth.
Purpose of the Team & Role
The work of the HR Shared Service team is key to supporting the business, line managers and employees in all things HR. This team provides the HR face to the business. HR Services need to be delivered with passion and commitment, providing a consistently great customer experience and making sure services deliver optimally, meeting all policy and compliance requirements.
The HR Shared Services Team also includes responsibility for improvement – how can systems, processes and data be optimised to make the service even better and take a pro-active approach to lead not just respond to business requirements?
The HR Systems & Innovation Advisor (S&I) is accountable for supporting the HR function on the use and best practice of HR Systems (Workday, Oracle & ServiceNow). As a subject matter expert in HR Systems, the S&I Advisor will drive system and process optimisation by reviewing and re-engineering processes so that best practice is adopted. They will be keen to develop skills in improvement techniques such as Lean and Six Sigma and will be highly customer focussed.
This role is a 12 months FTC for maternity cover and can offer flexibility on working hours.
For confidentiality of application, please mail your profile directly to Vani M email@example.com Recruitment Lead, Corporate.
- HR Systems, Process and Data management across end-to-end HR Operations
- Process and data awareness with experience of using systems/ automation to provide effective and efficient working processes
- Experience of Oracle, Workday or Service Now would be an advantage.
- Excellent diagnostic and analytical skills and attention to detail. The ability to listen actively, ask probing questions and analyse requirements
- Well-developed project skills with the ability to work on scoping, planning, reporting and managing risk in a project environment
- High level of accuracy and numeracy
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding customer focus and the ability to manage customer requirements through a partnership approach
- Ability to build strong working relationships/networks with all stakeholders and maintain a high degree of integrity
- Takes ownership of allocated tasks and works through issues to conclusion, using own initiative and maintaining energy and motivation
- Proactive “can-do” attitude and approach, flexible to the demands of a changing business environment
- A professional manner and the ability to build strong working relationships/networks with all stakeholders and maintain a high degree of integrity
- Ability to work under pressure to strict deadlines with limited supervision and to apply judgement to individual cases
- Ability to identify and address or escalate risk
- High regard for confidentiality and the ability to handle sensitive situations
- Ability to drive improvement through the assessment of existing systems and processes and implementation of new system functionality and processes.
- Experience of working with an offshored service delivery in an HR Systems capacity
- Experience of working with global colleagues
- Awareness of lean process management and continuous improvement techniques
- Previous experience of working in a Shared Service environment
- Building excellent working relationships with HR teams, key stakeholders and employees
- Leading on HR Systems projects – working with project streams to agree accountabilities and to plan specific stream deliverables
- Reporting project progress to stakeholders, using the appropriate channels as part of project activity
- Establishing and maintaining project timelines, risk registers, issues logs etc. and initiating activities to mitigate any risks or issues identified
- Attending post-project lessons learned activities and the implementation of changes following the end of a project review
- Providing support to HR Shared Services Team and HR Centre on all systems, data and process activities to drive through change and implement improvements whilst maintaining BAU service levels
- Ensure all policy and system developments, and changes are communicated effectively across HR Services, working with the HR Systems & Improvements Senior Advisor to coordinate and deliver any resulting HR system training required
- Support HR Centre Teams in drafting process flows, guidelines and supporting documentation for new and changed processes and maintaining reference documents/repositories
- Work with the HR Systems & Improvements Senior Advisor in all activity related to systems, process and data management, quality and compliance
- Work with HR Systems & Improvements Senior Advisor on various systems, process and data related activities and projects, engaging with the wider HR Operations and HR Centre Teams to ensure the necessary involvement from various project streams e.g. Reward Centre of Expertise, Management Information & HR Systems Team, Group IS, Communications etc.
- Support the HR Systems & Improvements Senior Advisor with the delivery of Data Protection, Data Quality Assurance, Data Audit and Governance requirements, processes and issue resolution
- Advising employees and line managers around HR processes and use of systems, data and analytics
- Supporting the HR Systems & Improvements Senior Advisor in planning, developing and implementing HR system change requests, system upgrades and UAT activities
- Advising and working closely with HR Centre Process Improvement team looking at current/to be processes and requirements, researching and analysing information, data, systems and processes to support with improvements
- Identify and raise continuous improvement opportunities to the HR Systems & Improvements Senior Advisor
- Keep up to date with future trends in HR Services and participate in internal HR Innovation and Improvement forums
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.