HRSS Advisor - FTC role
The work of the HR Shared Service team is key to supporting the business, line managers and employees in all things HR. This team provide the HR face to the business and HR Services need to be delivered with passion and commitment providing a consistently great customer experience and making sure services deliver optimally meeting all policy and compliance requirements. The Shared Services Team also includes responsibility for improvement – how can systems, processes and data be optimised to make the service even better and take a pro-active approach to lead not just respond to business requirements.
The HR Shared Services Advisor is accountable for the resolution of cases which the HRC are unable to resolve. They would also act as a point of escalation for queries both from the UK and Indian based teams. This role will work as part of a small team in a cross functional manner across all HR systems, processes and procedures. As the role develops, they might also get involved in process optimisation.
This role is currently being advertised as FTC for 12 months.
Knowledge and expertise with a recognised HR qualification preferred, or qualified through experience
Demonstrable success in an HR Service role
Excellent understanding and experience of working with HR systems preferred
- Generalist HR advisory experience across a range of HR activities/processes with specialism in one or more HR process areas
- Strong computer skills across the full range of Microsoft Office applications, in particular Excel, Word and the use of mail merge, and prior experience of HR databases
- Diagnostic and analytical skills with the ability to listen actively, ask probing questions and analyse requirements
- Ability to apply judgement to resolve individual cases
- Ability to identify and address or escalate risk
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Outstanding customer focus and the ability to manage customer requirements through a partnership approach
- Professional and flexible approach to work and to managing customer needs
- Willingness to own tasks and the resilience to work through issues to conclusion, maintaining energy and motivation
- Credibly provides sound advice, accurate information and timely support to all stakeholders
- Previous experience of working in a shared services environment
- Ability to drive improvement through the assessment of existing processes and implementation of new processes.
- Keep up to date with policy, process and documentation changes maintaining ability to respond to a full range of HR queries
- Ability to build strong working relationships/networks with all stakeholders and maintain a high degree of integrity
- Persuasion and influencing skills
- Experience of working on projects
- Confidentiality with the ability to handle sensitive situations within data protection legislation
Stakeholder management and customer interaction within an HR Shared Service operation with multi-country and multi-cultural teams
- Build excellent working relationships with Business Leaders, HR teams, employees and key stakeholders
- Provide a professional advisory and administrative service to business colleagues across a broad range of HR queries and processes, including supporting with complex case management, producing correspondence, handling customer queries, monitoring reports and documentation
- Support the HR Shared Services Senior Advisor in one or more HR process areas, advising on policy /service impacts of proposed process changes ensuring they are compliant and support process delivery standards
- Apply specialist knowledge as appropriate
- Maintain and update online HR policy and procedure reference documentation online – Knowledge Base
- Provide skills and knowledge to efficiently deliver an outstanding performance against agreed SLAs
- Work with HR Shared Services Senior Advisors to support resolution of cases from managers and employees referred by HRC in line with Governance requirements and service SLAs
- Manage delivery of assigned tasks and queries within scope of personal and team workload and agreed handoffs
- Identifying customer needs, seeking and providing effective solutions to their queries
- Analyse caseload individually and across the team and identify improvements and issues
- Work in rotation as part of AskHR Service Desk managing stakeholders to ensure queries are dealt with in a timely manner to meet SLAs and customer service principles.
- Signpost and transfer employees to other HR service lines where appropriate.
- Advising HRC services teams around HR Services policies and processes
- Advising employees and line managers around HR Services policies and processes
- Clearly understand service delivery boundaries and hand offs and operate within them
- Ensure current statutory and legislative requirements are being complied with
- Use the case management and HR system to record and maintain accurate records about activities and tasks undertaken and update HRMS as required
- Work pro-actively to support and deliver excellent customer experience
- Have a proactive and collaborative approach, working with HR colleagues and stakeholders to ensure timely and professional delivery
- Manage assigned cases on own initiative and work with HR Shared Services Senior Advisors in dealing with complex cases
- Liaise with teams within HR Services, HR Business Partners and Centres of Expertise for escalation and resolution of queries and cases
- Support the HR Shared Services Senior Advisor in the delivery of key, standardised HR processes
- Work on ‘Agile teams’ to deliver project activities e.g. large scale restructuring, acquisition, simplification activity, etc.
- Identify and raise continuous improvement opportunities to the HR Shared Services Senior Advisor
- Support the implementation of continuous improvement initiatives in processes and systems
- Keep up to date with future trends in HR Services and participate in internal HR Innovation and Improvement forums
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process. We actively support staff in achieving corporate membership of relevant institutions.
Rewards and benefits:
Atkins offers a fantastic range of benefits, which you can tailor to suit your own health, wellbeing, financial and lifestyle choices.
All the information you need to know is available on our dedicated benefits portal; your reward, which is available to access 24/7 from any device: https://www.yourrewardatkins.com
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.