We are seeking a HSSE Coordinator to join the Sarnia team. The successful candidate will report to the Country HSE Manager.
The person in this position will work closely with all disciplines and project management to coordinate safety activities.
Working in our fast paced environment, the person in this position is required to perform tasks within strict time frames and to manage their time and commitments efficiently.
- Coordinating SSHE activities under the stewardship of the Country HSE Manager
- Assisting in the implementation of the O&G IMS in the Sarnia Office
- Training and awareness programs associated with the application of the IMS
- Assisting in the implementation of a HSSE audit program and carrying out Safety audits (internal as well as sub-contractor and Vendor) as assigned
- Recommending improvements to the IMS ( HSSE)
- Assisting in the development of Project Specific IMS documentation (HSSE)
- Assisting the Disciplines Leads and Departments in the development of discipline specific procedures, instructions and standards
- Assisting in the implementation of Client procedures on Projects
- Acting as a HSSE Liaison between Project Team, Sub-contractors and Vendors
- Reviewing HSSE documentation and records produced by sub-contractors and vendors
- Participating in project kickoff meetings and site visits
- Ensuring Vendors adhere to appropriate Codes, Standards, Inspection Criteria, certifications, and HSSE requirements, etc.
- Organizing and tracking training requirements for employees
- Performing Office inspections
- Participating in the Joint Health and Safety Committee
- Other HSSE duties as required
- University Degree/Diploma or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience in a HSSE role
- Experience with Integrated Management System frameworks and structure, writing and creating procedures, process diagrams, and HSSE plans
- English communication skills (spoken and written)
- Must have strong administrative skills, be well organized, and work well under pressure
- Attention to detail is a must
- Experience and training in MS Office 2010 including MS Visio. Experience with Adobe Acrobat and scanning to PDF would be an asset
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies http://www.snclavalin.com/
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.