Junior Geotechnical Engineer
Why join us?
We are currently seeking a Junior Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in Calgary.
Reporting to the Manager, Geoscience & Materials, AB, the Geotechnical Engineer holds a role in supporting a wide variety of projects across our western Canadian offices. The role will be an opportunity to gain experience and knowledge working with senior experienced professionals in the field and office.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Acting as a design engineer resource for a variety of projects and clients
- Assist in the development and growth of the Alberta team with a focus on mining, energy and infrastructure developments
- Support the development of the Environment & Geoscience business by developing relationships with existing and future client contacts, attending meetings, and supporting BD initiatives
- Preparation of proposals
- Provision of practical and economic solutions to clients
- Preparation of technical reports associated with the project scope of work
- Supervising and/or participating in field projects which may include civil QA/QC, drilling and instrumentation installations
Experience in the following areas would be an asset:
- Slope Stability, mitigation design and monitoring
- Foundation Design
- Infrastructure design
- Retaining wall design
- Mining geotechnical engineering
- Tailings engineering
- Materials laboratory testing interpretation
- Site Investigation - drilling
What will you contribute?
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, Geoscience, Geology or related field
- Currently registered or eligible to register as a member of APEGA
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license with clean abstract
- A good understanding of MS Office
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet established deadlines
- Effective interpersonal skills, a strong client-service focus and the ability to work in a team environment are essential
- Strong business development skills
- Experience using specialized equipment and software (e.g. Lpile, GRL-WEAP, GeoStudio or equivalent) would be considered an asset
- Strong report writing and verbal communication skills in the English language
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive salary
- Flexible benefits
- Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
- Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.)
- Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com