Lead Testing Engineer
Lead Testing Engineer
Atkins’ UK Transportation business brings together the capabilities of our Rail, Highway and Local Transport teams, into a single business of 3,000 talented engineering professionals transport planners and consultants. The unique breadth of services in Transportation, combined with our scale, makes Atkins the leading UK transportation infrastructure consultancy. We create a culture and environment to inspire our people, ensure collaboration with our clients and continue to shape the future of mobility.
This Job requisition is Home- Based.
- Take overall responsibility for the testing and commissioning of new and altered signalling systems for complex Works Testing of substantial Signalling projects.
- Undertake testing duties within the scope of Certificate of Competency held.
- Represent Atkins at Client meetings.
- Undertake Work Package Management responsibilities on Projects.
- Identify resource requirements for your projects and competent staff are utilised, ensuring they are briefed regarding their work and responsibilities and that any necessary documentation is completed.
- Encourage and promote the advancement of staff as a route to self development.
- Cascade management briefings as required.
- Deputise for the Testing & Commissioning Engineer.
- Upward briefing of project testing status to T&CE and Project team as required.
- Ensure Audits and surveillances are undertaken in accordance with the Project Quality plan.
- Ensure adherence to the Atkins Rail standards, procedures, processes covering all engineering, safety, administrative and project requirements.
- Co-operate with quality, safety, and environmental objectives and contribute where appropriate to Atkins Rail commitment for continual improvement.
- Manage testing and commissioning of signalling equipment to meet contract specifications, performance and safety parameters.
- Manage effective utilisation and allocation of project based testing resources both internal and subcontracted.
- Prepare and check bids for accuracy and price for the testing portion of signalling projects
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of processes and procedures, and innovations and initiatives.
- Work as directed by line Management
- IRSE 1.3.190, 1.3.170
Atkins recognise that there are many well qualified people who are looking to further their career, but who cannot commit to full time employment. We support flexible working arrangements and are interested to discuss how we can accommodate individual requirements
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance. If this is necessary, it will be discussed with you at interview.
If applying to this role please do not make reference to (in conversation) or include in your application or CV, details of any current or previously held security clearance.
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs