Marketing Communications Manager, UK & Europe
This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Atkins requires a marketing and communications professional to join its UK & Europe marketing and communications team. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team that is responsible for delivering marketing campaigns that support the objectives of the UK & Europe business.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the development and execution of strategic marketing communications campaigns and activity that position Atkins as a leading design, engineering and project management consultancy. The role involves working across our UK business to help promote products, services and propositions across a range of complex markets. There is huge variety in the role and the successful candidate will have the opportunity to promote the full range of work that we do.
Working with a range of stakeholders, this is a challenging role and one which comes with a great opportunity to use your creative flair to promote our services and people to an external audience.
This role could be based anywhere in UK.
• Degree educated or equivalent in a relevant discipline
• Professional qualification from a relevant discipline would be preferred, but not essential
- Considerable experience working in a marketing communications environment and experience in developing effective campaign marketing strategies, preferably in a large organisation
- A creative flair with an ability to design captivating marketing campaigns using online and offline tactics, with a keen eye for detail
- A good writer with experience of delivering professional, compelling marketing copy
- Excellent working knowledge of core marketing disciplines – such as campaign creation, digital and direct marketing, event management or content/thought leadership.
- Experience in maintaining the credibility of company brands and working within brand guidelines to develop new collateral
- High levels of initiative and confidence to come up with, share and deliver ideas
- Experience in providing counsel to senior executives
- Experience in planning and managing budgets for specific campaigns
- Proactive, highly organised and able to work simultaneously on multiple projects and meet tight deadlines
- A self-starter, who can roll their sleeves up to deliver exceptional work
- A team player, able to establish great collaborative working relationships
- Specialism in a key marketing discipline a big plus (i.e. digital or direct marketing, events, campaigns or content creation.
- Knowledge of the environments/markets that the organisation operates in.
- Working with and reporting into the Head of Marketing and responsible for helping to develop, manage and deliver marketing communications initiatives which are aligned with the company’s business strategy.
- Work as a partner and adviser to colleagues across our business divisions – be a “go to” expert on a key aspect of marketing communications (i.e. digital, events)
- Provide expert guidance to a range of senior stakeholders across the business. Engage with stakeholders and build their commitment to marketing plans and campaigns focusing on winning work, client relationship building and organisational profile raising
- Work with the wider marketing and communications team to ensure seamless delivery of region wide campaigns ensuring maximised impact and return on investment working with external partners and suppliers as appropriate
- Supporting the Head of Marketing Communications with management of the budget and/or specific budgets allocated to managed campaigns or activities
- Devise consistent methods of tracking, evaluating and measuring the success of activities, reporting back as part of one Marketing Communications team.
- The successful candidate will be motivated, creative, a collaborative team player and willing to try new approaches to achieve results.
- The role will be well suited to someone who is driven to learn and develop, and who wants the opportunity to stretch and broaden their skills.
- A key desirable attribute would be experience in a key marketing discipline (or a desire to develop more experience in a particular discipline)
Atkins develops individuals through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. These are reviewed with individuals through an annual appraisal process.
This role may require security clearance and offers of employment will be dependent on obtaining the relevant level of clearance.
If this is necessary it will be discussed with you at interview.
ATKINS, part of the SNC Lavalin Group, is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunities Employer, we value applications from all backgrounds, cultures and ability.