This vacancy has now expired... why not:
Why join us?
Location: Remote Site North of Fort McMurray, AB
This is Field Service Technician role within a mining environment. You will be part of team that performs telecom maintenance on a fleet of heavy mining equipment and support equipment. You will be working in support shops, mine and active autonomous area.
You will be responsible for preventative, reactive and break-in maintenance.
How will you contribute to the team?
- Strong understanding of DC power (12v/24v/48v)
- Good troubleshooting skills and the ability to adapt to changes in the field
- Good understanding of IP networking, RF, Microwave, WAP, 802.11, switching, routing, firewalls
- Ability to use laptop to access, program and troubleshoot various IP based devices, Putty, Telnet
- Ability to drill, tap and mount hardware. Including cutting, fabricating and assembling steel brackets
- Ability to follow diagrams and procedures whilst always looking to improve how we can better serve the client
- Ability to terminate/test coaxial cable (LMR400/LMR195/RG58/Heliax)
- Ability to terminate/test data cables (CAT5/5e)
- Ability to use a range of test equipment for radio troubleshooting
- Ability to efficiently use Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook etc)
What will you contribute?
- Minimum - Electronics diploma or trade certificate in a related field
- Experience programming wireless radios
- Experience with Linux operating systems
- 2-way radio experience, preferably with Motorola systems
- Experience with working with Cambium & Cisco / other products
- Experience programming tire-monitor systems and distract driving systems
- Experience with Mine Dispatch systems
- Experience with working with Solar & Wind powered systems
- Understanding of fiber optic infrastructure
- Safety sensitive position – the ability to use good judgment when completing work and reporting any safety concerns that arise – (Using Hazard assessment documents/Permits)
- Able to lift 50lbs - This role is physically demanding requiring you to work in some tight and awkward areas for long periods of time (Fit Test will be conducted before being hired)
- Strong English reading, writing and speaking skills.
- Competent driving and winter driving skills– Mine driving experience an asset
- Able to tow and back up double axle trailers
- Able to communicate effectively
- This job requires you to work night shift on (a rotational basis)
- Able to work outdoors in all seasons of the year including -40 C conditions (within OHS standards and guidelines)
- Ability to work independently or in a team environment
- Be component and confident in operating AWPs
- Camp Job
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
- Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
- Competitive rate
Learning and development programs, training, career opportunities
A safe and healthy work environment
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as "SNC-Lavalin") are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com