Mechanical Co-op Student (or E.I.T.)
Mechanical Co-op Student (or E.I.T.)
Why join us?
As part of the Infrastructure Division, the Calgary Building & Facilities Department specializes in providing mechanical engineering solutions for all building types ranging from small commercial buildings to complex institutional buildings such as hospitals, universities, and laboratories. We are currently recruiting for a Mechanical Co-op Student or Mechanical Engineer in Training for our group based in Calgary, AB.
How will you contribute to the team?
- The primary responsibility of this individual is to draft building mechanical systems using Autodesk AutoCAD or Revit.
- Coordinating mechanical systems with other engineering consultants (both internal and external to SNC-Lavalin) such as space requirements, electrical loads for equipment, equipment weights, etc.
- Perform calculations and prepare supporting documents as required.
- Follow project or departmental standards related to working in a team environment with direction and instructions from the Mechanical Lead Engineer associated.
What will you contribute?
- Competent in AutoCAD and/or Revit.
- Basic knowledge of building mechanical systems
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Traits of an Ideal Candidate
- Competent in other CAD software (Bentley MicroStation, etc.).
- A desire to pursue a career in mechanical engineering consulting for the construction industry.
- An interest in building code, energy modelling, and building technologies.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Motivational financial package & flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com