Mechanical Engineering (Engineer-in-Training)
Mechanical Engineering (Engineer-in-Training)
Why join us?
This position is based out of our office in the Winnipeg Office.
SNC-LAVALIN is one of the largest engineering-construction firms performing work in Canada and internationally and ranks among the top ten in the world. We provide high-quality engineering, procurement, construction, project management and project financing in various business sectors, and in the ownership, operation and maintenance of infrastructure. As SNC-LAVALIN positions itself for growth in the Manitoba marketplace, we are looking to recruit for a Mechanical Engineering in Training.
How will you contribute to the team?
The Mechanical Engineer (Engineer-in-Training) will report to the Project Manager and Mechanical Department Head who will provide supervision for the mechanical design work that includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- As Mechanical Engineer-in-Training you will work with SNC Lavalin’s Mechanical Group to provide detailed engineering and calculations for building service and industrial projects.
- Calculation of airflow system pressure, flow and power requirements as well as fresh air, cooling and heat recovery requirements.
- Calculation of pressure piping system pressure, flow and power requirements as well as material handling system loading and power requirements.
- Sizing and selecting equipment for ventilation systems, pressure piping systems, dust collection and material handling systems
- Preparation of general arrangement drawings, detail installation drawings, piping isometrics, bills of materials, line lists and equipment lists.
- In this role you will at times be responsible for conceptual design and providing guidance to designers and draftspersons.
- The preferred candidate will have demonstrated experience working within multi-disciplinary design teams.
What will you contribute?
- You have an under-graduate degree in Mechanical Engineering and are available for full-time work.
- Previous work experience in summer or Co-Op work terms in a role working with standard engineering methods, technologies and computerized design techniques is an asset but not a requirement.
- You are registered or are eligible for registration as an Engineer In Training in the province of Manitoba, with an undergraduate degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in at least one of the following areas is an asset but not a requirement: chemical plants and refineries; mines and mineral process plants; tanks and pressure vessels; piping systems; materials handling systems and site/building services and utilities.
- We are looking for innovative, forward-thinking people who enjoy challenge and actively seek to develop and improve work processes.
What we offer at SNC-Lavalin:
At SNC-Lavalin, you will enjoy competitive compensation, a safe and healthy work environment, and a full range of benefits (ie.: group insurance, retirement savings plan, share purchase plan, continuing education program, etc.).
• Opportunity to work on various projects of various sizes
• Competitive salary
• Flexible benefits
• Defined contribution pension plan in which SNC-Lavalin contributes
• Work equipment provided according to the season (boot, bib, helmet, gloves, etc.);
• Employee Share Ownership Plan (ESOP)
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• 3 weeks of vacation time
• Learning and Development programs, training, career opportunities
The masculine gender is used only to simplify the wording.
Appropriate accommodations will be provided upon request throughout the recruitment and hiring process as required by Company policy and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Successful applicants will be notified about SNC-Lavalin’s accommodation policies at the time the employment offer is extended, and the information will be shared with new personnel during the onboarding process
At SNC-Lavalin, we seek to hire individuals with diverse characteristics, backgrounds and perspectives. We strongly believe that world-class talent makes no distinctions based on gender, ethnic or national origin, sexual identity and orientation, age, religion or disability, but enriches itself through these differences.
SNC-Lavalin cares about your privacy. SNC-Lavalin and other subsidiary or affiliated companies of SNC-Lavalin (referred to throughout as “SNC-Lavalin”) are committed to protecting your privacy. Please consult our Privacy Notice on our Careers site to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to SNC-Lavalin, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Founded in 1911, SNC-Lavalin is a global fully integrated professional services and project management company and a major player in the ownership of infrastructure. From offices around the world, SNC-Lavalin's employees are proud to build what matters. Our teams provide comprehensive end-to-end project solutions – including capital investment, consulting, design, engineering, construction, sustaining capital and operations and maintenance – to clients in oil and gas, mining and metallurgy, infrastructure and power. On July 3, 2017, SNC-Lavalin acquired Atkins, one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. http://www.snclavalin.com
We are sorry but we currently have no jobs in this area.
Continue browsing to look at our other available opportunities
Our Latest Articles
Recently viewed jobs