NEPA Planner (Mid - Senior Level)
Atkins is one of the world’s most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies. Atkins has been providing infrastructure planning, engineering, construction, environmental consulting, urban planning, architecture, and program management services to public and private clients across the United States for more than 50 years.
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Atlanta, GA NEPA Transportation Group team as a NEPA Planner (Mid - Senior Level).
- Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join Atkins in Atlanta, Georgia as a NEPA Plannersupporting the Georgia Department of Transportation's Support Services Program, working as an “extension of staff” in the client’s office in midtown Atlanta, GA up to three days per week. This position will provide career growth opportunities through management of NEPA documents for GDOT projects and coordination with GDOT staff and consultants.
- The ideal candidate will have a background in preparing NEPA documentation for DOT highway projects. A broad base of skills, capability and experience is desired in NEPA (National Environmental Policy Act), task management, administration and communicating. Flexibility and willingness to be a team player is a must.
- Coordinates with project managers, GDOT Office of Environmental Services managers, environmental specialists ,consultants, resource agencies, and other stakeholders to mange projects and maintain schedules
- Review and prepare environmental and DOT documentation (CEs, EAs, Reevaluations, public meeting response letters, Let certifications, etc.)
- Prepare for and attend project and project management meetings
- Conduct a full range of public involvement activities (PI) and oversee and review consultant PI activities
- Update and review consultant updates of project management database
- Survey projects for NEPA resources
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Planning or related field. This level may be achieved by Planners with five years experience since Bachelor's or four years since Master's. Typical incumbent has 6-7 years experience.
- Good technical writing, computer and communications skills.
- May be eligible to receive project management training.
- AICP certification preferred.
- GDOT experience is preferred.
- Transportiation NEPA experience is preferred.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.